c£40/hr Umbrella / WFH
4 months ago
Electrical Engineer - WFH / Rosyth - 12months - c£40/hr umbrella.
Key words / skills: Electrical, Engineer, Frigate, T31, type 31, Type-31, Naval, Marine, Design, 3D.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Babcock Naval Marine in order to recruit an Electrical Eng / Lead to work on a rolling contract WFH / Rosyth.
As an Electrical Engineer / Lead, your duties and responsibilities will include:
T31 frigate detailed design is managed in Mechanical – Electrical Zones – each zone requires coordinated work of many designers from a variety of disciplines: piping, outfitting, electrical, structural, etc
MEZ lead role is to coordinate the work of various disciplines, track pre-requisite information to allow design development, manage change and technical query process, review third party information state for a variety of systems.
The role requires a degree in Engineering (BEng or above), experience of detail design of ships, ideally for royal navy. Ability to work collaboratively with many stakeholders. Good appreciation for a variety of systems and equipment found on the ships.
Key Result Areas
• Coordination of work between disciplines, adjustment to plans to suit project priorities.
• Liaising with suppliers for the equipment, reviewing TPI.
• Liaising with other disciplines: electrical, transversals, structural, outfit, etc.
• Overview of the 3D model development, troubleshooting, managing changes.
• Managing the technical query process.
• Coordinating change process.
• Supporting at design reviews. Achieving acceptance by class and Technical Authority.
• Be aware of and ensure that; safety, health and environmental requirements are implemented.
• Assist with the maintenance and improvement in quality standards of outputs.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill
• The post holder is required to hold an BEng or an equivalent qualification in an Engineering / Naval Architecture.
• Experience of working in the design environment.
• Good knowledge of shipbuilding practices.
• Good knowledge of marine industry is required, familiarity with Royal Navy and Lloyds Register rules and standards are advantageous.
• Experience in Design for Manufacture within a marine build and/or conversion marketplace (or similar).
You will be an experienced Electrical Engineer.
5-10 years experience.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.