3 months ago
Engineering Manager - Transport - WFH - Duration 2years - Rate c£650/day Umbrella.
Key words skills: Engineering Manager, Transport, BPSS, Rail, GRIP, NSIP's.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side RWM in order to recruit a Transport Engineering Manager to work on a 2 years contract. WFH.
As a Transport Engineering Manager your duties / responsibilities will include:
Transport Engineering Manager - Responsible for the technical management of transport planning works during the Tranche 2 site specific phase of the GDF Site Evaluation process. This will include assisting with the production of site specific transport strategies, overseeing the development of site specific freight profiles, identifying transport route corridor options and management of the supply chain whom will be undertaking the detailed aspects of the works.
Transportation will cover different modes and will include the movement of construction materials, excavated spoil, oversized loads, radioactive waste and personnel.
Essential Skills and Experience
• Proficient communication skills with appropriate experience of internal and external stakeholder engagement and management.
• Good first degree in engineering, science or relevant subject with appropriate practical experience.
• Chartered membership (or working towards) a relevant professional institution.
• Proficient in the development of transport and logistics strategies for the construction and operation of major projects of Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects (NSIP’s).
• Proficient in leading or supporting feasibility, optioneering or design studies for the construction or operational phases of major or complex transport infrastructure projects.
• Understanding of the Network Rail - Governance for Railway Investment Projects (GRIP) process.
• Understanding of requirements and standards within the rail sector.
• Proficient with engineering design development processes including development of phasing and logistics strategies for product, materials and people.
• Understanding of delivering designs in a regulated or safety critical environment.
• Appreciation of the nuclear sector developing to an understanding.
• Awareness of UK sustainability ambitions and direction of travel for mitigating carbon impact in transport and logistics.
• Awareness of any topics requiring a proficiency, or understanding below.
• Experience of relevant legislation including CDM Regulations.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.