c£36.50/hr Umb NEG
3 months ago
Systems Engineer - Rosyth or Plymouth - Duration 12months - Rate c£36.50/hr Umb NEG
Key Words / Skills: Systems, Engineer, Fire, Nuclear, Submarines, Ships, Frigates, T31, AutoCAD,
MS Visio, Marine, Naval, Navy.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Babcock Naval Marine in order to recruit a number of Systems Engineers on long term contracts based at Rosyth or Plymouth.
As a Fire Systems Engineer your responsibilities and duties may include:
• Take responsibility of some Fire Suppression Systems, reviewing all associated Third Party Information including drawings, datasheets, calculations, panel design etc
• Lead on the communication of these systems designs for their integration into the Ship and it’s systems
• Lead on the management of system data into the project Master Equipment List
• Develop TES for valves, remote manual operation, bellows, instantaneous couplings, foam tube closing caps
• Proactive management of time and reporting of progress to the Fire SDDA
• A good working knowledge of marine systems and performing hydraulic calculations.
• Working knowledge of Fire Suppression systems.
• Ability to understand and interpret Classification Society (Lloyd’s Register) requirements in the context of piping, nozzle and detection head positions.
• Experience of assessing system block diagrams.
• Good attention to detail with the ability to identify inconsistencies across complex datasets and design information.
• Ability to work independently and solve problems via liaison with other functions across the project.
• Strong interpersonal skills, adept at communicating at various levels across technical and commercial settings.
• Ability to clearly articulate progress and report key issues and risks to team management, and proactively work to minimise technical and schedule impacts.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD essential and MS Visio desirable.