2 months ago
Health & Safety Manager - WFH / York & Manchester - Duration 3 months - Rate c£400/day umb.
Key words / skills: H&S, Health & Safety, Rail, Network Rail, Metro, BPSS
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Network Rail in order to recruit a Health & Safety Manaher to WFH but able to get to Manchester & York.
As a Health & Safety Manager your duties and responsibilities will include:
Must have a focus on ‘Change Management’ (i.e. a project manager or change manager), with ideally some experience in HSE but not essential (as we already have that technical expertise covered by other roles). They would definitely need some experience in complex multi-disciplinary projects, ideally within large multipart organisations to have a chance of getting to grips with what they need to do.
Working on ORR's RM3 Risk Management Maturity model – practical working knowledge of risk assessment and covering change management.
• Working knowledge of change management
• Good knowledge of RM3 model and it’s application (RM3 specific to rail)
• Project management
• NEBOSH or any other safety qualification would be useful – not essential
• Rail – useful
• Lead national and regional improvement initiatives.
• Provide IP representation on national and industry programmes and working groups.
• Support the development and implementation of S&SD strategy across IP and its Regions and Major Programmes.
• Promote effective working by communicating good practice and identifying opportunities for innovation through industry research and benchmarking.
• Develop investment papers and business cases to support improvement proposals.
Facilitate effective communication and engagement with both internal stakeholders and the supply chain.
• Ability to think strategically
• Experience of leading change
• Good interpersonal, influencing, communication and organisation skills
• A clear understanding of the principles of Health & Safety Management, Environmental Management or Project Management
• Knowledge of the railway and construction industries
• A degree or equivalent level qualification
Membership of a relevant Professional body.
You will be an experienced Health & Safety Manager.
Network Rail experience - advantageous.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.