7 months ago
Highway Design Engineers - 3mth + Contracts - to c£34.0/hr. Home Based - Outside IR35
Keywords / Skills: Highway Engineer, Consultancy, S278, S38, Local Authority, Infrastructure, DMRB
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are looking to recruit Highway Engineers to work for a local consultancy. This is on a contract basis and is home based.
As a Highway Engineer you will be responsible for the design of highway infrastructure (local roads and drainage projects, section 38, 278s) for Local Authorities and private sector clients.
The role requires a ‘hands on’ approach, application of engineering knowledge and skills to the design of highway projects.
Duties will involve:
- Preparation of feasibility studies, designs, scheme drawings and calculations;
- Preparation of contract documents and specifications;
- Undertaking project management tasks for schemes;
- Liaising with other discipline team leaders to ensure technical integration.
Candidate should be:
- HNC/D or degree qualified;
- Experienced in working in a highway design office (essential)
- Have a min of 5 years’ practical design experience;
- Recent experience of preparing designs for local roads, junction improvements, cycling / pedestrian projects (essential);
- DMRB and current design standards/codes (essential);
To discuss this vacancy please contact Mike Kelly or James Walker
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.
Wilde Recruitment – Engineering Recruitment