£27.0/£33.0 hour Ltd
JO10479 - JWW
2 months ago
6 Months plus
Mechanical Designers – 6mth plus contracts up to £33.0/hr. Ltd – Rosyth - Scotland
Key Skills: FORAN, FDesign, FPipe, CAD, BASELINE Security min
The role: Mechanical Designers / Piping Designers required to at Babcock Rosyth to join a team working on the close out phase of a complex new build vessel, within a multi-disciplinary Detail Design project.
Duties to include:
- Prepare & produce drawings throughout design lifecycle and in line with recognised ISO standards to the required; time, cost and quality requirements.
- Prepare, produce and maintain project documentation as required by the design lifecycle, produce and update ‘as built’ /datum pack documentation.
- Liaise with colleagues and stakeholders during design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including contribution to design reviews.
- Develop design solutions and solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Production and Technical Queries.
- Interface with customers and supply chain on design issues and assist with procurement specifications.
You will be qualified to ONC/HNC/HND (or equivalent) OR BTEC National Certificate/Diploma (or equivalent) in a relevant subject
You will have a good understanding of engineering and design practices as relevant to a design discipline including appropriate CAD skills, written and verbal communications skills.
You should possess good FORAN skills and experience, with specific knowledge of FDesign, FPipe, and the creation of both Isometric and Pipe Spool and Pipe Support Production Output drawings.
Candidates require Baseline or higher level security clearance.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.
Wilde Recruitment – Engineering Recruitment