4 months ago
Mechanical Eng - Warrington - Duration 12 months - Rate c£50/hr umbrella.
Key Words / Skills: Mechanical Engineer, Nuclear, Design, SC Cleared, Security Clearance.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Cavendish Nuclear in order to recruit a Mechanical Engineer to work on a 12 month contract at Warrington.
As a Mechanical Engineer your responsibilities and duties will include:
This is the level for an experienced engineer working with a high level of developed knowledge in a specialist subject area; the role is directly accountable for designs, developments and determines solutions to problems and issues within a specialist subject area.
Able to work on a range of engineering problems involving high levels of complexity & uncertainty. Provides help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working, and their development.
The role must be fully aware of and adhere to Health & Safety standards and be fully familiar with all authorised documentation, Good Practice Guides and ISO standards.
1. Promote effective co-operation across Engineering and other functional teams
2. Assist in effective management of the customer, including liaison and relationship development with existing and new customers, to aid the development of business, resolution of technical and delivery issues, and such that the customer is fully briefed and informed of progress
3. Ensure procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical activities
4. Ensure procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical activities.
5. Contribute to Project Safety Assessment process
6. Ensure task and project risks are communicated and managed appropriately
7. Produce, review and approve calculations, analyses, drawings, models, design basis documentation and technical reports as assigned
8. Assessing the implications of changes, concessions and queries
9. Maintaining the engineering configuration, ensuring the overall design intent and integrity is maintained throughout design lifecycle
10. Evaluate technical issues in order to develop proposals for investigations and/or solutions, including process improvements
11. Provide support to the Project Manager for the planning, control and delivery of tasks and projects
12. Make engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority
13. Act as Technical Authority or Engineering Lead when authorised to do so.
14. Ensure application of highest standards for health and safety in immediate area of responsibility and ensure all team members across engineering co-operate with respect to company standards about matters on health, safety and environment, ethics and behaviours
15. Keep up to date in relevant technical areas and develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide effective delivery. Maintain knowledge of Industry best practice, promote a culture of engineering best practice, support in driving cultural development and change
16. Contribute to learning from experience (LfE). requirement, during and post project
17. Support business development opportunities
18. Exercise care for own health and safety and that of others as defined by Health and Safety legislation, adhere to endorsed Company policy, procedures and delegations (e.g. Health & Safety, Diversity & Inclusion, Performance & Development Reviews and Finance etc.) Ensure application of highest standards for health and safety in immediate area of responsibility and ensure individual co-operation with respect to company standards about matters on health, safety and environment, ethics and behaviours
19. Support the business winning process through input into or review of tender requirements, including estimates
Engineering degree (or equivalent qualification) in relevant engineering discipline, with significant demonstrable experience
Chartered Engineer status (or actively working toward Chartered Status)
Experience in working collaboratively in multi-discipline teams to deliver activities on a range of project types
Demonstrable experience in covering a variety of tasks across a range of complexities
Good communications skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines
Member of relevant institute or significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council
Experience in managing engineering scope for Projects from concept design to full Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
Breadth and depth of experience in a range of commercial or defence projects.
You will be an experienced Mechanical Eng.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.