3 months ago
Mechanical Engineer - Rosyth - Duration 6 months - rate c£55/hr Umbrella.
Key Words / Skills: Mechanical, Engineer, Power, Propulsion, Marine, Naval, T31, Type 3, BPSS.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working alongside Babcock Naval Marine in order to recruit a Mechanical Engineer to work on a 6 month contract at Rosyth.
As a Mechanical Engineer your duties/responsibilities will include:
This is a key role in the Design Team for T31, leading on all aspects of testing and commissioning for the design community, acting as a single point of contact for the commissioning T31 organisation.
The role is responsible for development and coordination of test plans and procedures. Working with a variety of system leads and equipment suppliers to integrate data from various suppliers relating to their systems, validation of conformity to requirements defined by specifications, class and contract. They are also responsible for maintenance of design intent through the detail design and assembly stages, addressing issues with integration and supporting 3D designers, fabrication and commissioning teams.
The role requires a degree in Engineering (BEng or above), experience of design and testing and commissioning of large power plant, eg: ship propulsion, electrical systems, etc ideally in shipbuilding environment, but other industries, such as: power, O&G, nuclear or process would be suitable too. Good understanding of testing and commissioning processes. Ability to work collaboratively with many stakeholders.
Key Result Areas
• Development of testing procedures and test plans
• Liaising with suppliers for the equipment
• Liaising with other disciplines: electrical, transversals, structural, outfit, etc
• Liaising with Test and Commissioning organisation
• Developing of testing requirements and high level plans
• Addressing Technical and Production queries
• Presenting at design reviews. Achieving acceptance by class and Technical Authority.
• Be aware of and ensure that; safety, health and environmental requirements are implemented.
• Assist with the maintenance and improvement in quality standards of outputs.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill
• The post holder is required to hold an BEng or an equivalent qualification in an Engineering / Naval Architecture
• Experience of working in the design environment
• Good knowledge of marine power and propulsion
• Good knowledge of test and commissioning
• Good knowledge of marine industry is required, familiarity with Royal Navy and Lloyds Register rules and standards are advantageous
• Experience in Design for Manufacture within a marine build and/or conversion marketplace (or similar).
You will be an experienced Mechanical Engineer.
5-10 years experience.
HNC / HND / Degree / Chartered.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.