6 months ago
Mission Systems Consultant - Duration 3 years - Rate £neg - Numerous office locations possible
Key Words / Skills: Mission Systems, Type 31, T31, Ships, Naval, Marine, Navy, Ships, Frigates, Submarines, SC Cleared, Security Cleared.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working alongside Babcock and Thales in order to recruit a Mission Systems Consultant to work on a 3 year contract.
As a Mission Systems Consultant your responsibilities and duties will include:
• Primary responsibility: Management of a key strategic partner – Thales UK Ltd – in the execution of their defined scope of work on T31.
o Point of Contact for Thales into Babcock Type31 Senior Management Team in their role of Type31 Mission Systems Integrator (delivering the CMS, Comms and Nav & Bridge System)
o Establish and maintain a thorough transparency in Thales’ execution of their scope of work within Thales UK Leadership, Business Units and the ‘on the ground’ T31 Thales Project Delivery Team.
o To ensure all Technical and Programmatic requirements, as defined by Babcock T31 Office and that of our T31 Client, are successfully delivered to defined schedules in Technical and Programmatic Scope, delivery-timescales and financial/cost budgets.
o Establish and maintain detailed, up to date, reporting and control of Progress against all targets, Risks, Opportunities and the management of Change (and its impact of time, cost and engineering/programmatic solution), working with Thales' T31 Lead Programme Manager, PMO, Engineering Team and Sub-Contracts Team; as well as ILS, QA and other ancillary functions as needed over the course of the T31 Project.
o Liaise with Type31 Teams and Functions to ensure GFx and CFx are clearly identified, managed and delivered; with consequential impacts defined,
• Work closely with the T31 Supply Chain Director
o To ensure a fully compliant and functioning integrated solution from Thales UK Ltd
o Provide assistance and insight with other suppliers associated with equipment, products and artefacts who integrate with Thales' T31 portfolio in whatever regard
o Provide support to the Supply Chain Director in ad-hoc tasks as the need arises, including but not limited to other Suppliers.
o The roll-out and use of Red Flag Reports (RFRs) and Work Around Plans (WAPs), KPI and ‘trend’ Reporting by the whole supply-chain
• Work closely with the T31 Chief Engineer to ensure a fully functioning, integrated and compliant Technical and Engineered solution from Thales.
o Provide insight and support into Thales status regarding:
• Client Requirements compliance,
• Babcock T31 team 'expanded' requirements,
• Thales' own developed requirements,
• General Technical Requirements (GTR),
• interfaces and Interfaces Control Documents assigned to Thales,
• ‘N2’ interaction of Thales with other systems, sub-systems and equipment (including ILS scope)
The whole development life-cycle:
• Including but not limited to THALES' input into Babcock's T31 Client Design Reviews and all feeder sub-reviews and their entry and exit reviews.
• Examples being SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, PRR, FCA, PCA, FAT and/or FQT, Pre-shipping Reviews, RIW, RIY, prePower-up, Power-Up, Commissioning, CCIs, HATs, SATs and remedial activities as needed between events.
Change control of Requirements and their impacts, including support to Change Control Boards (CCBs)
• Provide support to the T31 Programme Director in the execution of their role.
o Provide assistance and insight – as called upon – in ad-hoc tasks as the need arises
o Support overarching Project Objectives in Programme Targets, Programme Trends and KPIs, Deliveries, Risk and opportunity management.
o Support Lessons identified to be harvested and implemented.
o Liaise with Type31 Teams and Functions to ensure GFx and CFx are clearly identified, managed and delivered into Thales and other Functions and Suppliers (as defined by the Supply Chain Director)
o The control of Change management (and resulting ECRs)
You will be SC Cleared / Security Cleared ideally.
Experience of leading teams.
Excellent communication skills.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.