4 months ago
Nuclear Waste Engineer - Duration 12 months - Rate c£43/hr umb - Bristol.
Key words / skills: Nuclear, Waste, BPSS,
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side NDA in order to recruit a Nuclear Waste Engineer to work on a 12 month contract based in Bristol.
As a Nuclear Waste Engineer your duties and responsibilities will include:
• Providing technical advice as a subject matter expert.
• Represents the waste function in discipline specialism(s).
• Assists with the effective management of knowledge and development of technical skills.
• Contributes to the business by supporting delivery activities.
• Understands site safety case implications within technical area.
• Ensures effective use of Company processes and standards.
• Contributes to technical areas to the benefit of the Company.
• Undertakes Intelligent Customer roles in specialist areas as required.
• Commit to continuous improvement of waste programmes/strategies.
• Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
• Design, delivery and evaluation of training, acting as coach and mentor.
• Support colleague’s learning and development through knowledge sharing, task instruction etc.
• As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
• Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality.
• Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company’s Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
• The post holder may be required to fulfil a role in the Site Emergency Scheme.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
Degree or equivalent in a science, engineering or related discipline
Chartered Scientist status or equivalent
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
Relevant experience in an appropriate technical area.
Knowledge of environmental issues including practices, policies, legislation and stakeholders relating to radioactive and non-radioactive waste management.
Relevant experience in nuclear industry in areas of waste management.
You will be an experienced Nuclear Waste Engineer.
5-10 years exp.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.