3 months ago
Principal Electrical Engineer - Plymouth - Duration 12 months - Rate c£52/hr umbrella
Key skills / words: Principal, Electrical Engineer, Chartered, CEng, Nuclear, Systems, HV, LV, Building Services, Infrastructure, SC Cleared, Security Cleared.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Babcock Naval Marine in order to recruit a Principal Electrical Engineer to work on a 12 month contract.
As a Principal Electrical Engineer your responsibilities and duties will include:
A degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council.
Nuclear: Nuclear Introductory Course or equivalent nuclear and/or marine system knowledge.
• Design of high and low voltage electrical distribution systems;
• Design of control & instrumentation systems;
• Design of Communications and data systems;
• Design of electrical building services;
• Experience of substantiation of SIL and high integrity systems for justification of Nuclear Safety functions.
• The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle
• Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop the design
• Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements
• Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience
• Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures
• Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications
• Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities.
You will be an experienced Principal Engineer.
5-10 years exp.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.