about 1 month ago
Project Engineer - WFH/Sellafield - Duration 12 months - Rate c£42/hr Umbrella
Key Words / Skills: Project Engineer, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Structural, Process, Nuclear
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side NDA in order to recruit 5 Project Engineers to work on long trm contracts, WFH / Sellafield.
As a Project Engineer your duties and responsibilities will include:
JOB PROFILE: Oversee an assigned system area to ensure that the maintenance and operation of the system(s) are performed and managed safely, efficiently and effectively in accordance with site licence condition/s, regulations and identified processes. A key output is the increased Mean Time Between Failure for the assets. Requirement is for x 2 Mechanical x 1 E&I x 2 Non Discipline Specific
PROJECT DELIVERABLES: • Monitor and evaluate assigned system performance for example through observation, review of work logs and histories and regular walk downs to maintain awareness of current condition, performance and environmental impacts.
• Identify issues with systems and components, engaging with specialists to initiate appropriate mitigation to achieve short and long-term resolution.
• Support the development of system modifications including identification of need, system requirements and design work to enable optimal system performance.
• Modify, maintain and review the configuration of the defined system/area(s) to enable optimal system performance.
• Prepare periodic system health reports and maintain long range plans for the system/area(s) to ensure optimal asset performance
• Represent the System Team to internal and external audiences (for example, regulators) to provide information on and recommendations to improve system performance.
• Liaise with other teams within the facility to ensure adherence to standards and the alignment of activities
• Review and approve all design proposals, testing and installation procedures and modification reviews providing technical guidance as required to ensure effective and smooth change transitions.
• Establish asset condition and collaborate with asset management colleagues to assess and understand asset life and recommend risk management strategies to ensure appropriate asset use.
• Liaise with other local technical experts in the operations & maintenance delivery communities to ensure that changes following review of Maintenance Instructions and plant / facility drawings are appropriately approved and embedded into future process documentation.
• Lead and/or support internal investigations to identify root cause and share learning from experience to ensure best practice and understanding.
• HNC/HND/Degree or equivalent training/experience in a relevant engineering discipline
• Relevant engineering qualification and considerable experience in an environment of similar context and complexity
• Evidence of development of asset management strategies including maintenance optimisation.
• Experience of trending and predicting asset performance.
• Ability to present complex ideas (including risks) clearly and concisely to multi-disciplined audiences, defending challenges and providing appropriate technical advice as required.
You will be an experienced Project Engineer.
Nuclear experience - essential.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker: 0161 474 6856
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.