QC Inspector – 12mth + contract – Manchester – c£75.0/hour
KEY Skills: QC Inspector, Welding, Mechanical, CSWIP 3.1 or 3.2, PCN II, NEBOSH
QC Inspector – Welding and Mechanical required for a major project – vendor-based Manchester area, initially but with scope/flexibility to work elsewhere as orders are placed; therefore, Candidate travel flexibility is required.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team engaged on the BEP Joint Venture project which will safely design and deliver a Plant to enable conditioning of wastes from various donor plants.
Duties will include:
As QC Inspector – Welding and Mechanical you will report to the Project QC Co-ordinator and will be responsible for:
• Promoting a Nuclear and personal Safety Culture
• Ensuring the quality standards of the joint venture and the client are consistently met and compliant with the Specifications
• Attending and coordinating meetings with suppliers as dictated by the Project
• Encouraging continuous improvement across the Project
• Promotion and implementation of the Project Quality Management System and Joint venture process
• Promote a disciplined approach to supplier deliverable approval and concurrent review of Life Time Quality Records
You will be an experienced QC Inspector with a 5 years’ experience of working within a highly regulated industry, 2 years of which must have been gained within the nuclear industry.
You will be experienced with major Project deliver, have a working knowledge of ISO 9001 and have strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
You will be conversant with Nuclear fabrication specifications, fluent with material certification reviews and have the ability undertake timely, effective and concise reporting.
You will have the following qualifications:
• CSWIP qualified Welding Inspector 3.1 or 3.2
• PCN II Qualified in LPI/MPI/RI/
• PCN II Qualified in UT (desirable)
• Coatings/Painting inspector (desirable)
• NEBOSH / IOSH / CCNSG Safety Passport training
NB. Due to the nature of the work suitable candidate will have the ability to obtain base line security.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: Mike Kelly