9 months ago
Senior Mechanical Designer - Warrington - Duration 12 months - Rate c£40/hr umb
Key words / skills: Mechanical Designer, Nuclear, CAD, Design, PDMS, Civil.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Cavendish Nuclear in order to recruit a Mechanical Designer to work on a 12 month contract in Warrington.
As a Senior Mechanical Designer your duties and responsibilities will include:
The Senior Designer provides support and technical guidance for a team of multi-disciplined designers. The role will assure the quality of output to the required standards consistent with whole lifecycle from concept to in service support.
The role requires a good understanding of engineering and design practices as relevant to the individuals discipline and the holder must be able to demonstrate appropriate CAD skills as well as good written and verbal communications. Requires specialist knowledge and substantial experience in a design subject area.
The role takes Designs and develops solutions, resolves design issues and problems for a range of specialist design situations. Provides specialist technical advice and guidance to other designers, provides design governance for technical standards for a team. Works with high degree of technical autonomy and typically incorporated Engineer status.
The role must be fully aware of and adhere to Health & Safety standards and be fully familiar with all authorised documentation, Good Practice Guides and ISO standards.
1. Allocate discipline tasks to allocated team of Designers, check team drawing outputs, and ensure inter discipline coordination in accordance with company and regulatory standards
2. Promote effective co-operation across Design and other functional teams
3. Assist in effective management of the customer, including liaison and relationship development with existing and new customers, to aid the development of business, resolution of technical and delivery issues, and such that the customer is fully briefed and informed of progress
4. Advise and assist in selecting the correct methods and tools for tasks and provide technical assistance to allocated team of Designers
5. Contribute to the preparation/production of drawings in support of basic, detail and production design in line with recognised ISO standards and to the required; time, cost and quality requirements.
6. Provide point of contact with professional engineering colleagues and various stakeholders for discipline related issues during design lifecycle, contribute to design reviews and ensure coordination and functionality of design
7. Assist in the resolution of Production & Technical Queries & development of discipline solutions for the team in relation to manufacturing & installation issues
8. Contribute to learning from experience (LfE). requirement, during and post project
9. Develop innovative design solutions, and fulfil Design Lead responsibilities as assigned for multi discipline low risk projects
10. Maintain individual knowledge of current best practice in application of designer expertise across the design lifecycle, including customs and standards. Promote a culture of best practice in design expertise and provide leadership and assist in driving cultural development and change
11. Maintain awareness of developments within the industry, particularly for techniques & tools, physical integration, bill of material controls & management of design maturity
12. Exercise care for own health and safety and that of others as defined by Health and Safety legislation, adhere to endorsed Company policy, procedures and delegations (e.g. Health & Safety, Diversity & Inclusion, Performance & Development Reviews and Finance etc.) Ensure application of highest standards for health and safety in immediate area of responsibility and ensure individual co-operation with respect to company standards about matters on health, safety and environment, ethics and behaviours
13. Support the business winning process through input into or review of tender requirements, including estimates
14. Support business development opportunities in raising the Cavendish Nuclear profile via presentations, academic links, conferences & technical papers, and identify opportunities and new work streams
• PDMS Experience
• HNC/HND minimum in a relevant discipline OR equivalent academic qualification
• Experience in a detailed design environment
• Good knowledge of CAD tools
• Knowledge of General Engineering Drawing Practice
• Incorporated Engineer status
• ICF (Integrated Competency Framework) to be demonstrated or being worked towards.
• Demonstrable experience in technical leading of a multi-disciplined design team
• Excellent communications skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines
• Member of relevant Professional Institute
• Breadth and depth of experience in a range of commercial or defence projects
• Civil Nuclear experience
Minimum level of Qualifications to be verified
(*N.B. only qualifications essential to the requirements of the role need to be checked)
HNC minimum in a relevant discipline OR equivalent academic qualification.
You will be an experienced Mechanical Designer.
Nuclear experience - essential.
PDMS experience essential.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.