9 months ago
Senior Project Manager - WFH - Duration 6months - Rate c£750/day
Key Words / Skills: Project Manager, DFT, Transport, HS2, DVSA, MCA, BTP, GCS, AAIB, RAIB.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side the DFT in order to resource a Senior Project Manager to work on a long term contract - WFH.
As a Senior Project Manager your duties and responsibilities will include:
Main Duties and Responsibilities: Situated in the DfT Total Facilities Management (TFM) Group Management Team (GMT) within Group Property, part of the Corporate Finance Directorate. Group Property is responsible for property strategy as well as overseeing all property related matters for the DfT and its ALBs. This includes estate and asset management of Secretary of State-owned property assets including development projects, acquisitions and disposals and operational property management for delivery of transport infrastructure and services as well as sustainability and facilities management.
The post holder will provide project leadership for the next generation of Facilities Management Procurement for nine DfT business units (BUs) drawing on lessons learned, knowledge and resources from the current Total Facilities Management (TFM Contract). The project team will be drawn from across multiple BUs and will require a high degree of co-ordination.
The BUs on the current DfT TFM Contract are DVSA, VCA, HS2, MCA, BTP, DfTc, GCS, AAIB, RAIB and the Environmental Agency (EA). EA will not be part of the new procurement project as they will join the new DEFRA contract in 2024.
The current TFM contract has an annual spend of circa £43m of core fee plus billable work, including projects, and runs until 31 January 2024.
The primary role of the post holder will be project management and planning for an initial 18-month period from October 2021 through to the Award of Contract in 2023. Project plans, product requirements, risk management, stakeholder management across multiple organisations, governance oversight and reporting including business case coordination are all key to the PM role and the success of the project.
The post holder will work closely with the DfT TFM Service Manager and the Project Team, and will be part of Group Property Team reporting to the Head of Group Property.
Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Management:
• Project leadership from the development of project initiation documentation through
• to contract award
• Maintain project plans and milestones keeping colleagues on track to meet individual
and collective obligations
• Provide direction to the Business Units and advice to budget holders and SRO
through regular reporting to the Project Board
• Promote strong and effective working relationships with all other internal and
external stakeholders across the procurement activity
• Project plans managed and updated, logistical coordination of documents and activities including market engagement and business case
• Coordinate and collate the outputs from the Project Workstreams and building pack details from each business unit for over 800 buildings
• Production of project planning and delivery materials, reminder alerts of their commitments and obligations
• Milestone reporting
Commercial and Risk Management:
• Maintaining a risks and issue register with frequent review
• Ownership of the Business Case development at each stage from SOBC to FBC ensuring contributions are provided for each of the 5 sections
• Procurement documentation and reports version control
• Responsible for stakeholder management across the project, ensuring compliance with best practice
• Stakeholder management approach and messaging
• Undertake specific Business Unit engagement to secure specified requirements, identifying any challenges and obstacles for escalation to the SRO Project Board.
You will be a Senior Project Manager.
5-10 years experience.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.