- Job type
- c£38/hr Umbrella
- Job ref
Systems Engineer/Project Manager - Wyfla - Duration 12 months - Rate c£38/hr Umbrella
Key Words / Skills: Systems Engineer, Nuclear, BPSS
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Magnox in order to recruit a Systems Engineer/Project Manager on a 12 month contract at Wylfa Anglesey.
As a Systems Engineer your responsibilities and duties may include:
Purpose of Role
To provide a focal point of engineering expertise and ownership for a portfolio of assigned plant systems and/or assets with higher nuclear, radiological, environmental or business significance. Deliver a comprehensive engineering service to customers and stakeholders, maintaining long term safety, performance, reliability, material condition and compliance.
A System Engineer (Senior) will provide more complex engineering solutions to higher profile projects, underpinned by a high level of technical knowledge and experience.
• Provide the focal point and ownership for a portfolio of assigned systems and/or assets.
• Maintain an engineering strategy for the assigned systems and/or assets to deliver long term health.
• Make recommendations for system and/or asset investments.
• Carry out and record routine system walk downs.
• Record, trend and analyse system performance monitoring data as appropriate and take the necessary corrective actions.
• Maintain a system file.
• Specify the necessary periodic maintenance routines and spares holdings to meet regulatory, compliance and performance requirements and ensure satisfactory completion.
• Maintain a good overall knowledge of the safety case as it applies to the assigned systems and know the functional requirements, key limits and conditions for safe operation.
• Produce and/or approve relevant documentation for assigned systems such as Technical Specifications, Work Instructions, Method Statements, Plant Item Operating Instructions, Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments.
• Produce and Manage modification proposals and act as the Nominated Responsible Engineer (NRE) for plant modifications.
• Act as a consultant for projects undertaken on assigned system providing proactive technical support and ensuring smooth handovers to and from projects.
• Deputise for Section Head when required.
• As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence
• Comply with the site’s Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments and support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality standards.
• Work flexibly within the team and support and mentor other System Engineers in order to optimise the safe delivery of all specified Lifetime Plan activities to the required quality, time and cost parameters.
• Carry out timely investigation of events and review on-site and off-site events via the Operational Experience Feedback process, ensuring that relevant learning points are applied to assigned systems.
• Undertake delegated responsibility for the Design Authority and site intelligent customer when required.
• Undertake emergency scheme duties when required.
You will be an experienced Systems Engineer
HND / Degree
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.