The following example contracts show just a small selection of Clients that we work with and the skills sets we have hepled them recruit. If you would like further details or references we will be happy to provide them.
Capita Business Services
Crown Services Framework LOT1
We are currently supporting on the Framework; sourcing candidates for wide range of Engineering and Project Management roles with central government departments including: The MoD (Ministry Of Defence), STFC - The Environment Agency, The Department for Transport.
This is a new area that we are supplying into and being the supply of contract personnel into Central Government requires a high level of compliance in following a set procedure of vetting candidates prior to their commencement on assignments.
In response to this and our work with client engaged within the defence sector we have a dedicated Onboarding team who liaise with Capita BS in order to facilitate the relevant security checks prior to engagement.
Examples of the roles we have filled include the following: -
Mechanical CAD Designer; STFC, Rutherford Laboratories, Oxford
To work within the scientific and engineering team to evolve laser upgrade schemes.
Naval Architect - (MoD; Ministry of Defence)
Experienced, Naval Architect; to apply, specialist knowledge acting as the intelligent customer, in, the area of Submarine hydro-mechanics.
Building Surveyors (DfE; Department for Education)
Experienced building surveyors to undertake conditional and data surveys.
To contribute to the development of policy, advice to stakeholders, the collation and reporting of good practice and where necessary, benchmarking.
Project Manager (MoD; Ministry of Defence)
Management and delivery of plans to ensure all necessary preparation and execution tasks and dependencies are included.
Supporting the Programme Director and other team members as directed to Project Manage all aspects of specific work packages.
H&S Advisor (DECC; Department of Energy & Climate Change)
To develop and implement the initial requirements for Health & Safety policies that are fit for the department and successfully implement all further agreed policies.
Support line managers to reach complex or high risk decisions, supplying expert advice on a case-by-case basis on a wide range of Health & Safety matters.
M&E Site Engineers (MoD; Ministry of Defence)
To supervise, manage and procure facility repairs, planned maintenance, refurbishment and infrastructure installation projects.
Responsibility for providing support in delivering the environmental, health & safety, estate statutory compliance and assurance portfolio.
Civil Project Engineers (EA; Environment Agency)
To provide support and leadership in the development of technical solution to meet the customer capability needs.
Working with the Project Manager and other engineers to identify the technical stakeholders and ensure that they are identified, engaged and managed throughout the engineering activities.
Babcock Marine and Technology
Babcock Marine and Technology is a leading UK maritime support business and the largest provider of engineering support services to the Royal Navy.
Contract is for the provision of a range of Contract Engineering and Project Management roles within the Babcock Marine and Technology business.
Typical roles include;
- Constructive Designer SHIPS
- NDT Engineer
- Quality Document Controller
- Mechanical Engineers
- Senior Electrical Engineer
- Planning Engineers
- Quality Engineers
Roles are based at one of 3 main sites: Plymouth - Davenport Naval Dockyard, Babcock Bristol and Babcock – Barrow in Furness,
Examples of requirements and placements made:
Lead Engineer -Weapon Handling Systems - Bristol – SUBMARINES
Client Brief: Client was looking to recruit a Lead Engineer with both Launch Systems and Weapon Handling Systems on submarines. Candidates had to be Security Cleared.
To be responsible and have ownership of the drawing suite for the JB-111 (Batch I) and ensure the WHLS (Weapon Handling System) is accurate.
To Lead and manage the JB-111 Design team
Work with the Engineering project manager to ensure the design information is maintained and updated in line with developments from manufacture of the WHLS in overseas locations.
Responsible for the incorporation of any customer driven design changes or new requirements into the JB-111 design suite in a timely fashion.
Response: Wilde Recruitment submitted 3 candidates, which resulted in 1 interview and placement.
Mechanical CAD Designer - Bristol – Weapon Handling and Discharge Equipment
Client Brief: Client was looking to recruit a Mechanical Designer – with experience of Teamcentre, NX, 3D, and Autocad; plus, experience of both Submarine Weapon Handling and Discharge Equipment and MoD Drawing Practice and configuration control. Candidates had to be Security Cleared.
Responsible for the re-modelling of drawings connected to the UK/Canadian Submarine Weapon Handling and Discharge Equipment.
Acting as a preferred supplier to CH2M/Halcrow; via a neutral vendor programme (AGILE).
The contract is for the supply of contract/interim engineering/ construction professionals on a wide range of projects on a nationwide basis.
Typically all the candidates provided hold professional qualifications and are members of professional institutions i.e.
• RICS (Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors)
• MICE Member of the institute of Civil Engineers
• CIBSE Chartered institute of Building Services Engineers
Successful engagements Include:
• Highways Engineer – Warrington; with Highways Agency or Local Authority experience and good CAD skills. To work on highways maintenance and/or improvement schemes, involving pavement maintenance design, safety barrier design and drainage renewal works.
• Building Services Engineer- Westminster, London; to work alongside the Environment Agency to undertake Conditional surveys, Domestic HW/CW and provide design solutions
• Senior Mechanical Engineer – London; to undertake the appraisal of flood risk management solutions and reports to secure funding for projects
• Construction Professional/Manager – London; to be responsible for managing the Third Party Infrastructure (TPI) interfaces and associated activities on Thames Tideway Tunnel project.
• Rail Interface Manager and Stakeholder Lead – London; to manage the stakeholder relationships for the Thames Tideway Tunnel for the interfaces with the rail asset owners, oversee the contractors’ stakeholder management for these organisations; ensure co-ordination and consistency across geographical areas.
Wilde Consultants Limited
Supporting WCL on their framework with the Association of Greater Manchester Authorities.
The framework covers the provision of Consultancy Services and the call off of technical, engineering and construction personnel.
Contractors have been supplied to Stockport MBC and Manchester City Councils, and include both design and site supervisory roles.
Roles sourced include:
- Project Managers and Project Engineers
- Development Control Engineers
- Maintenance Engineers
- Highways Engineers
- Bridge Engineers
- Structural Engineers
- Document Controllers/Administrators
- Clerk of Works
- Traffic Engineer
- Quantity Surveyors
- Health and Safety Advisors
All personnel supplied are professional engineers/specialists.
WYG ( Consultants)
The roles sourced have been varied with many being in the public sector requiring where appropriate employment checks including DBS.
• Building Surveyors; RICS/Degree qualified to undertake conditional surveys of buildings, relating to offices and accommodation type structures on MOD sites based both in the UK, Cyprus, Falklands and North America.
• Building Surveyors; to undertake conditional surveys of PFI assets for Lancashire Schools, Manchester MRI, Romford Hospital and London Treasury sites. The client was seeking experienced conditional surveyors from the building / housing surveying sector.
• M&E Building Surveyors; to undertake surveys for Crossrail Stations covering building services. The client was seeking experienced Building Services surveyors from the Mechanical Electrical / Building Services sector with the capability to condition rate assets within agreed guidelines.
• M&E Surveyors; to undertake building services surveys at Leeds St James's Hospital. The client required candidates to have experience of Mechanical/ Electrical Building Services within Hospitals.