Our Recruitment process starts prior to submission of a candidates CV via a number of checks
Pre-submission of Candidate CV to Client
Interviewing/Screening of Candidates
The company has a candidate selection process which includes a technical assessment via use of a Key Skills Matrix and CV scoring system.
Prior to CV submission to the client our dedicated consultants will undertake an in-depth candidate interview; either by telephone or face to face.
This interview is based on a SQEP (Suitably Qualified Experienced Person) form. In the Wilde Recruitment procedures, this is referenced to as a Key Skills Matrix.
Points reviewed and verified:
3. Industry Sector Experience
4. Software Experience
Candidates must be able to demonstrate in their CV that they have the minimum essential qualifications and experience required for the role.
At the same time we verify and/or obtain the following:
Proof of eligibility and right to work in the UK/EU (Pre- CV Submission)
References and qualifications are obtained for verification (Verified on offer)
Confirmation in writing of Permission to Represent candidate; this is obtained from every candidate prior to CV submission to client.
Reference Checking, Background & Certification Checks
The company has established processes in this area, as a result of its providing recruitment services to a number of client supply frameworks; that require detailed checking of candidates at the assignment offer/onboarding stage.
The company has trained members of staff, who are responsible for undertaking the onboarding (reference checking) of candidates, and ensuring that all required certification checks are satisfactorily undertaken and recorded for auditing purposes (if required by the client).
The company is a supplier of contingent/contract services to a number of frameworks that require substantial checking; these include the Crown Services LOT1 Framework where BPSS checks are mandatory, and other levels of Security Clearance are often required. In addition, the company also supplies to various companies/organizations involved on projects within the Defence and Nuclear sectors; where both BPSS and higher levels of Security Clearance are required.
Wilde Recruitment always check the following as standard procedure:
•Eligibility to work in the UK (pre-submission - basic) (on offer assignment - detailed)
•Verification of Identity (pre-submission - basic) (on offer assignment - detailed)
•Verification of experience on CV (pre-submission - detailed)
•Full recent 3 years’ employment (verification) (on offer assignment - detailed)
Where required typically on Defence (MoD), Nuclear and Central Government Assignments (EA, DFT, DFE); we also ensure that candidates apply and obtain a DBS certificate (Disclosure Scotland for contracts based in Scotland).
Applications for DBS /Basic Disclosure are typically required pre-interview with certificates having to be available prior to commencement of assignment.
In addition, we check that Temporary workers are tax compliant.
We ensure that Temporary workers; when engaged via their own Limited Company/PSC are compliant with current HMRC regulations.
That payment is made into a UK bank account to ensure that offshoring is not taking place.
That adequate levels of insurance are in-place including Public, Employers Liability and Professional Indemnity.
Where contractors are engaged via an Umbrella Company; we carry out checks to ensure compliance of the company.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd: Candidate on-boarding/screening procedure:
Eligibility to Work in the UK
Original Documents checked
• British/EEA Passport
• Full Birth/Naturalization Certs – along with evidence of NI
• Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)
• Residence permit within current Passport
Verification of Identity
A. Photographic ID (Passport OR Driving License)
B. Official Documentation OR Utility Bill/Bank Statement
Verification of CV and Employment History
• All CVS will have the recent 3 years’ Full employment/education history verified
• References will be obtained for the last 3 years’ employment/education history with a minimum of 2 references being obtained
• For Temporary workers supplied to central government departments or the MoD; any gaps in employment of greater than 28 days or more are verified with the candidate
DBS /Basic Disclosure Scotland if required.
• Candidates are required to apply for the BPSS post interview stage (pre-interview if required). This is all managed via automated emails and logged accordingly.
• On receipt of the disclosure; Candidates are required to forward the BPSS certificate to the Wilde Recruitment on-boarding team who verify that this has been completed in accordance with the guidance issued by Her Majesty’s Government. Originals are then destroyed in accordance with guidelines.