4 months ago
Assistant Commercial Manager - WFH / Stratford / London - Duration 6 months - Rate £330/day umb
Key Words / Skills: Commercial, Manager, Rail, Network Rail, BPSS, Oracle.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Network Rail in order to recruit an Assistant Commercial Manager to work on a 6 month contract.
As an Assistant Commercial Manager your responsibilities and duties will include:
1. Commercial reporting as required against varied and complex contracts for the relevant Project Managers
2. Assist with the general procurement/commercial management on a range of contracts
3. Manage day to day commercial issues including local tender / evaluation documents, preparing estimates, identifying variations to contracts; contribute towards final account agreements, collating any necessary records relative to supplier costs and supplier management through meetings and feedback.
4. Measure and evaluate the commercial value of payments to enable correct certification of works prior to authorisation in accordance with contractual obligations.
5. Assist in the processing claims for and against contractors, collating financial and other information as required or directed.
6. Establish whether instructions are variations to contract and manage in accordance with company processes.
7. Agree Supplier Final Accounts and manage the Supplier Payment Process
8. Liaise with other NR project teams as required. Seek to continually improve the processes behind data capturing to accurately monitor / report project costs and forecasts.
9. Act as Corporate Governance advisor within the delivery unit for all financial/commercial/procurement systems
10. Collect data and contribute towards processing claims for and against contractors including third party and insurance claims when required.
11. Support where necessary tender and evaluation process
12. To be responsible for timely payments to all suppliers who undertake works on behalf of the delivery unit, in accordance with Contract terms using the approved process
13. Visiting work locations as necessary to support estimating process and validating that works are correctly completed.
14. Understand / Review cost base to identify and monitor commercial opportunities and efficiencies. Target high cost aspects of delivery to identify how they could be undertaken more economically.
15. Support the team as required to deliver comprehensive support, guidance and challenge to budget holders.
16. Act as a supplier champion; be able to manage call-off contracts and build-up good working relations with the suppliers.
17. Review, analyse and provide an evaluation of costs incurred
18. Where required work to understand and be willing and able to work within other areas of the Commercial team
19. To provide the period COWD reports and forecast costs for future periods.
You will be an experienced Commercial Manager.
Rail experience - essential.
HNC / HND
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.