- Job type
- c£14-£16.50/hr Umbrella
- Job ref
Assistant Mechanical Technician - Burghfield - Rate c£14-£16.50/hr Umb - Duration 6 months+
Key Words / Skills: Mechanical Technician, Nuclear, machinery, BPSS.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Cavendish Nuclear in order to recruit a number of Assistant Mechanical Technicians to work on long term contracts at Burghfield.
As an Assistant Mechanical Technician your duties and responsibilities will include:
The Assistant Technician will:
1) Report to the Cavendish Nuclear site Supervisor for all matters relating to quality and safety. No un-supervised work should be carried out.
2) Within their SQEP capability, undertake all work as instructed by the site supervisor, in accordance with the requirements of the task documentation, (i.e. Method Statement, Implementation Plan, Risk Assessments etc) with due care to minimise the potential for disturbance to site plant equipment.
3) Take reasonable care of the Health and Safety of themselves and those around them.
4) Comply with the requirements of the Management System.
5) Comply with all applicable Safety documentation as identified by the Site Supervisor or client.
6) Refrain from interference with anything provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc)
7) Use any Plant and Equipment correctly, and in accordance with training and instruction provided.
8) Inform their Supervisor of any situation considered to represent a safety concern.
9) Report to their Supervisor any shortcomings in protection arrangements for Health and Safety.
These duties are project specific and in addition to those described in the Company and project manuals and procedures. He/she shall ensure that they are familiar with these documents, and any legislation to which they refer.
The Assistant Technician may be assisted in the execution of these duties by a team of supervisory staff. The services of site establishment e.g. quality, safety, administration etc. will also be available of which full use should be made.
You will be an experienced Mechanical Technician.
Ideally have at least 5 years experience.
Previous work on Nuclear sites would be advantageous.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.