about 1 year ago
Assistant Project Manager - Your - Duration 6 months - Rate c£225/day umb
Key Words / Skills: Project Manager, Rail, Network Rail, BPSS, Planning.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd and Network Rail are working to recruit an Assistant Project Manager to work on a 6 month contract based at York YO26.
As an Assistant Project Manager your responsibilities and duties will include:
Assist in the management and delivery of plans to ensure all necessary preparation and execution tasks and dependencies are included. Operate as a full member of the team; supporting the Project Manager and other team members as directed Assist in the completion of the high-level plan through to Go Live and BAU handover.
Supporting the project management team
Be the point of contact for the projects
Lead the projects
Any project related administration
Attending client meetings
1. Work as part of a project team, assisting to deliver projects to time, cost and quality through various phases in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
2. Monitor and report programme and progress in accordance with project reporting systems and guidelines.
3. Develop and integrate, effective support systems to enable the Project Manager to manage and control change.
4. Process contractor possession and isolation applications so that they applications are complete and submitted to the prescribed time scales as directed.
5. Monitor contractor performance indicators and provide periodic progress reports.
6. Support the Project Management team in providing a safe working environment at all times during the execution of those projects under their responsibility.
7. Manage generic and site specific methods of working and supply risk assessments to agreed timescales.
8. Monitor so that HSQE risk assessments have been carried out by the contractor, and monitor compliance.
9. Comply with the Investment Competence Framework.
• Some management experience including project management.
• Educated to HND/HNC or similar standard.
• HSQE awareness, issues and principles.
• Membership (or working towards membership of) the Association for Project Management.
• A degree or equivalent.
• Knowledge of safety, quality, environmental, commercial and financial aspects.
• Understanding of possession planning.
You will be an experienced Project Manager
Good communication skills - written and oral.
Good people skills.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.