4 months ago
Assistant Project Manager - Cumbria - Duration 12 months - Rate c£40/hr umb
Key words / skills: Project Manager, Nuclear, BPSS, APM, PMQ
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side NDA in order to recruit an Assistant Project Manager to work on a 12 month contract in Cumbria.
As an Assistant Project Manager your responsibilities and duties will include:
The Assistant Project Manager (locally Sub-Project Manager) is responsible for managing the delivery of either an assigned sub-element of a high complexity project, a low to medium complexity project or a group of work packages under the Project Manager. They are accountable for the quality, cost and schedule of their assigned work scope.
• Developing and documenting project execution strategies for assigned Project scope, appropriate to the site environment, to deliver the required outcome and value for money for Sellafield Limited.
• Developing schedules and budgets for assigned project scope, submitting baselines for approval and managing progress and change to successful project completion.
• Planning for and managing the safe delivery of works, ensuring compliance with Company procedures, policy, legislative and regulatory requirements. Including production / checking of appropriate documentation and records.
• Planning for and managing the quality of project delivery to achieve right-first-time output, including Lifetime Records.
• Effective management of Project Risk including early identification and escalation of threats and realisation of opportunities.
• Effective contract management including producing/co-ordinating tender packages, selection assessments, progress and change management, and final accounting.
• Analysing project data, setting and managing responses and actions, collecting and incorporating learning from experience information into delivery plans, developing stakeholder engagement and communication plans, and assisting in the production of formal Project Reports.
• Leading elements of Project Improvement activities, including the areas of schedule, contractual, risk management, safety, security, quality and behavioural performance.
This is a Project Management position and applicants should be able to demonstrate relevant experience, this might include:
• Managing low to medium complexity engineering or construction projects or packages.
• Working as an Sub PM, Assistant PM, Project Engineer or similar role within a dedicated Project team, with responsibility for delivering to schedule and cost.
• Managing a mixed operating environment with a significant element of projectized delivery, for example within an Engineering/Maintenance/Facility Management role.
• Managing business change, Improvement or IT projects either as a dedicated role or as a significant element of an Operational position.
Applicants should typically have a minimum of 3 years experience in positions with significant project responsibility.
You will be an experienced Assistant / Project Manager.
5-10 years exp
HNC, HND, Degree.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.