- United Kingdom
- Job type
- c£30.75/day Umbrella
- Job ref
Civil Project Engineer - Bridgewater - Duration 12months - Rate c£30.75/day Umbrella
Key Words / Skills: Nuclear, Project Engineer, BPSS, NEC3, APM.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Magnox in order to recruit a Civil Project Engineer to work on a 12month contract at Bridgewater TA5.
As a Civil Project Engineer your responsibilities and duties may include:
Nuclear engineers research nuclear energy and radiation processes to develop systems and equipment (e.g. medical devices). Nuclear engineers develop nuclear technology and applications of radiation. They research ways of utilizing nuclear power and design new systems and products (e.g. radiation cores). They also monitor operations in power plants and follow safety standards. To provide fit for purpose engineering solutions for complex projects. To ensure that design authority standards and configuration control are applied appropriately.
Overview of person
Civil Project engineer to prepare design packages and enabling documentation (including but not limited to:- Risk assessments, technical specifications & method statements)in support of Asset and Infrastructure care scope
• Identify project functional requirements and stakeholder needs for assigned project.
• Contribute to production of Project Execution Plan including design, safety case and commissioning strategies.
• Support project optioneering process.
• Develop concept design and fit for purpose engineering solution for projects.
• Produce and/or approve project technical specifications.
• Manage detailed design activities in accordance with design authority standards.
• Prepare modification proposals as required, acting as a Nominated Responsible Engineer where appointed.
• Carry out technical assessment/approval of contractors work instructions/method statements/risk assessments.
• Provide technical supervision of construction/deconstruction activities to ensure compliance with design intent.
• Approve as built drawings.
• Specify and provide technical supervision of commissioning and/or decommissioning.
• Manage hand over to systems/operations ensuring that all drawings, instructions and training have been supplied as required.
• Liaise and consult with system engineers and other stakeholders throughout project life cycle to ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
• Maintain site configuration control throughout project lifecycle.
• Comply with all Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments and support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality on Site.
• As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
• Review of on-site and off-site events and root cause analysis to promote improved working practices.
• The post holder may be required to undertake delegated responsibility for the Design Authority and act as a site intelligent customer.
• Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
• The post holder may be required to undertake emergency scheme duties.
You will be an experienced Civil Project Engineer.
HNC / HND / Degree.
Must have worked on nuclear project previously.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.