11 months ago
Civil/Structural Package Manager - Plymouth - Duration 6 months - Rate c£55/hr Umbrella
Key Words / Skills: Civil, Structural, Engineer, Manager, Naval, Marine, Infrastructure, BPSS.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Babcock Naval Marine in order to recruit a Civil/Structural Package Manager to work on a 6 month contract based Plymouth PL2.
As a Civil / Structural Package Manager your responsibilities and duties may include:
The Major Infrastructure Projects Business Unit has been set up to establish and maintain a Strategic Infrastructure Plan for the Devonport site through to at least 2050 and to safely and effectively deliver the ‘major’ capital works projects that result from the Plan.
The roles sit within the 10 Dock Astute 25 Project. Currently there are vacancies for Package Managers and Senior Project Engineers in the Civil Structures project teams. These offer significant project delivery challenges and present excellent development opportunities.
Main Purpose of Role
• The role will be responsible for key project management functions in support of the overall project delivery, including schedule, financial and risk functions.
• Facilitate, develop and agree requirements, project scope and solutions for specific outputs and work packages.
• Manage the planning, monitor and control of work packages being delivered by other internal and external resources.
• Forecasting of costs and monitor and report against budget.
• Stakeholder management and communications and to support development of stakeholder.
• Contribute to the risk process including the identification, assessment, planning and implementation of risks, opportunities and issues.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
Demonstrable experience in a Project Management position, ideally with delivery in a Nuclear Licensed Site environment.
You will be an experienced Civil / Structural Engineer / Package Manager.
• Minimum of HNC/HND (Degree preferred) in a relevant engineering discipline.
• APM project management qualification (or equivalent).
• Risk Assessor Approvers Training (desirable).
• Health & Safety Management of Sub-contractors Training (desirable).
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.