5 months ago
Mechanical Systems Engineer / Combat Systems Specialist - G84 postcode - Rate £30-£60/hr Ltd Co - Duration 6 months+
Keywords / Skills; Combat, Systems, Naval, Marine, MOD, Defence, Submarines, Frigates, Aircraft Carrier, Ships, Weapons, COSHH, Security Clearance.
Overview / Duties:
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working alongside Babcock Naval Marine in order to recruit a Mechanical Systems Engineer / Combat Systems Specialist to work on a contract basis initially for 6 months+.
As a Systems Combat Specialist your responsibilities and duties will include;
To carry out fault diagnosis, repair, and maintenance of Mechanical Tactical Weapons systems and equipment on all class of vessels based at, or visiting, HMNB Clyde or elsewhere as required.
Key Results Areas
1. Conduct planned maintenance, class modifications, alterations and additions on Tactical Weapons systems and equipment on board RN vessels.
2. Diagnosis and rectification of defects (including OPDEFs) on Tactical Weapons systems and equipment as reported by ship's staff, and where possible, the rectification of those defects in situ.
3. Ensure correct Quality Documentation is reviewed and called for at commencement and throughout each activity. (AC17, AC28)
4. Provide specialist advice and guidance to the customer on all aspects of Ordnance Tactical Weapons systems and equipment.
5. Updating, on a daily basis, the company software and databases to record employee overtime and absences.
6. Assist the Combat Systems Manager in maximising the utilisation, SQEP and the efficiency of the Ordnance section resource.
7. To take a team and carry out safety-critical equipment tasks.
Management / Supervisory Scope
Management responsibility for Ordnance Specialists and assurance oversight of Combat Systems Mechanical Fitters. Supervision and training of ordnance specialists and Combat Systems Mechanical Fitters.
Weapons systems and equipment
Weapon handling and discharge systems
Masts and periscopes (desirable not necessary)
Magazine floods and sprays
T, A and V Class mechanical weapon systems
Slinging and Fleeting operations
Safe Systems of Work
Health, Safety & Environment
You should have at least 5-10 years relevant experience.
You must have or be able to obtain SC Security Level.
To discuss these vacancies please contact: James Walker
Direct Dial: 0161 474 6856 or 07788668931
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.
Wilde Recruitment – Engineering Recruitment