5 months ago
Commercial Assistant - WFH/Birmingham - Duration 8 months - Rate c£250/day umbrella
Key Words / Skills: Commercial, Rail, BPSS
Wilde Recruitment are looking to recruit a Commercial Assistant to work on an 8 month contract, WFH / Birmingham.
As a Commercial Assistant your duties and responsibilities will include:
Oracle Projects knowledge is a must as candidate will spend 60% of time on this. Excel knowledge - must be able to do VLook Ups and Pivot Tables.
Network Rail experience - advantageous
Must be adaptable to changes
- Assisting 2 Commercial Managers who are leading on a number of projects.
- Role will involve budget changes, raising invoices, paying invoices, maintaining trackers on Excel. Monitoring all payments that have been paid, and ensuring all suppliers are paid.
• Assist in preparation of estimates for works. Input cost and quantity information into estimating systems and produce reports, using cost modelling tools as required.
• Assist in preparation of tender, pricing and contract documentation. Carry out cost analysis of accepted tenders.
• Monitor and report on commercial aspects of projects, flagging issues at the earliest opportunity to responsible management and carry out allocated duties in accordance with corporate governance escalating any matters which might lead to corporate governance being breached and taking action to resolve them in a timely manner.
• Support finance reporting within the Digital Railway reporting framework including Cost Forecasting, Anticipated Final Cost, Cost of Work Done, Gross Billing and Current Contract Value; and provide robust Cost Analysis Feedback.
• Assist the Commercial Manager with reviewing contractor delivery, including where appropriate, attending valuation and progress meetings. For multi-year framework agreements, support the agreement and produce reconciled annual accounts within 6 months of each year-end.
• Support the compilation of supplier performance reports as per Digital Railway process, and as defined within certain contracts. Keep commercial records up to date in properly maintained files and subsequently archive (and adequately record) the documents, following commercial close out.
• Support the commercial process by research and evaluation of information from suppliers
Keeping records up to date via excel and accounting systems
Assisting in other duties where necessary to support the commercial team
You will be a Commercial Assistant.
Rail exp advantageous.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.