about 1 month ago
Commercial Manager - WFH - Duration 6 months - Rate c£440/day Umbrella.
Key Words / Skills: Commercial Manager, BPSS, CIPS, IACCM.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side the DWP in order to recruit a Commercial Manager working from home on a 6 month contract.
As a Commercial Manager your duties and responsibilities will include:
Leading the development and on-going management of commercial strategies at a departmental level.
• Working with stakeholders at all levels (internal and external) to develop strategy and tactics for procurement category initiatives.
• Project manage necessary workstreams and initiatives within commercial directorate to ensure timely delivery of objectives, ensuring all necessary process, including formal stakeholder engagement and approval are completed.
• Develop contracts procedures to enhance / streamline commercial and operational efficiencies
• Deliver agreed cost savings objectives
• Provide commercial advice to a wide range of stakeholders to support colleagues with market engagement, sourcing, tendering and a wide range of procurement activities
• Build trusted relationships with suppliers to hold professional discussions regarding contract information such as KPI’s/SLA’s, payment models, clause interpretation etc.
• Reviewing and advising on governance documents and processes such as papers for Commercial Board, Programme Board, gated project submissions etc.
• Support the on-going development of a best in class commercial function, executing projects in line with processes and expected highquality standards
• Identify and implement continuous improvements to drive best practice throughout the category
• Experience of working on complex procurement / commercial project(s) including category and contract management, supplier management, managing commercial risk and a track record of delivery
• You will have good industry knowledge and category insights to provide knowledge-based challenges to senior stakeholders
• Be able to build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships
• You will be commercially astute with strong communication negotiation and influencing skills.
• Adept at applying fit for purpose commercial approaches in order to deliver real value
• Effectively manages multiple complex activities at any one time and can methodically prioritise
• A key team player – able to work well as part of a team, take ownership, give direction and feedback to colleagues
• Act as a role model - respond positively to change and influence future positive ideas and strategies
• You will have a realistic and pragmatic approach, keen eye for detail, be practical and focused on reaching a combined end goal
Public sector experience
Experience of managing large projects
• An understanding of public services procurement and associated supplier markets is advantageous yet not necessary
• CIPS/IACCM desirable but not essential
Security Clearance: BPSS Basic.
You should be qualified - CIPS.
You will be an experienced Commercial Manager
5-10 years experience.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.