- Job type
- C385/day Umbrella
- Job ref
Commercial Manager - Manchester - Duration 6 months - Rate c£385/day Umbrella
Key Words / Skills: Commercial, Rail, BPSS, Metro, Network Rail.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Network Rail in order to recruit a Commercial Manager to work on a 6month contract in Manchester M1.
As a Commercial Manager your responsibilities and duties may include:
Assessing the existing commercial landscape and looking at the impact on programme delivery.
Designing and implementing approaches which ensure effective delivery of the right outcome for the department.
Leading on supplier integration with regards to relationship and cost impact upon the department.
Clarifying the ability to terminate current contracts, working with programme finance leads to understand impact and realisation of any potential benefits.
The ability to renegotiate existing contracts.
Managing the impact of existing commercial financial models.
Acting as primary point of contact between the incumbent supplier(s) and the department.
• Manage all commercial reporting including the production of periodic financial/cost reports.
• Monitor commercial activities on projects/contracts in order to influence decision making from a commercial perspective.
• Provide cost control during development stages of projects
• Manage assessment and valuation of contractor’s applications.
• Provide pro-active advice and guidance on all commercial matters including proposed scope changes.
• Identify and advise on all commercial risk/claim events.
• Support and lead pre and post contract procurement activities as appropriate.
• Check adherence to health and safety specifications.
• Experience in commercially managing contracts
• Demonstrable relevant experience
• Good understanding of the construction/railway industry
• Hard working, collaborative team member
• Good negotiation skills
You will be an experienced Commercial Manager.
You should have at least 5-10 years experience.
MUST have Network Rail experience.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.