3 months ago
Commercial Officer - WFH/Milton Keynes - Duration 6 months - Rate c£350/day umberlla
Key Words / Skills: Commercial, Rail, Network Rail, Procurement, BPSS, Frameworks.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Network Rail in order to recruit a Commercial Officer to work on a 6 month contract.
As a Commercial Officer your responsibilities and duties will include:
Manage the sourcing activities for medium cost and business risk opportunities and work collaboratively with relevant customers and stakeholders to create and deliver commercial and contractual value.
1. Develop and manage the sourcing process from business requirement to contract signature, on behalf of key customers and stakeholders, for medium cost and business risk opportunities, utilising, where relevant, commercial purpose-built models, to create and deliver commercial and contractual value, in support of the C&P Director’s annual savings target.
2. Implement approved Integrated Category Strategies (ICS) through the development and delivery of the qualified Sourcing pipeline, in collaboration with the relevant Category Manager and relevant customers and stakeholders, to release the full defined savings and benefits value committed to within the ICS.
3. Apply the Sourcing Framework for sourcing led opportunities outside of ICS creation, for where total annual spend of up to £100m and within an OJEU environment, to manage all risk, governance, legislative and regulatory requirements, validated by the Procurement Risk and Assurance team.
4. Negotiate sourcing enabled savings and benefit opportunities, in collaboration with all relevant customers and stakeholders, approved by Finance and applied to budgets where applicable, in support of the C&P Director’s savings target.
5. Facilitate the transition of Sourcing led execution to Strategic Supplier Management, to manage a seamless customer experience from business requirement through to post contract signature and position the Supplier Management team to optimise their delivery of full contractual and relationship value.
6. Demand manage customer and stakeholder common sourcing requirements to maximise overall Group-wide commercial value, with a politically aware engagement and direct influencing style across multiple Routes and Regions, in a complex, devolved organisation.
7. Develop process and execute activity related to contract variations, amendments and changes, to include contract administration, in collaboration with Supplier Management team, to maintain an accurate supplier data profile in the event of dispute or the invoking of contingency plans.
8. Develop and manage sourcing aligned continuous improvement activities, demand pipeline assessments and annual customer satisfaction surveys, to deliver an enhanced customer experience, aligned to the Vision and best in class Procurement ambition.
Educated to a Business or Economics degree standard or equivalent business experience.
Demonstrable level of Sourcing experience, with a track record of savings delivery.
Experience with negotiation and dispute resolution skill set.
Experience with contract law and financial management.
Experience with driving value from sourcing opportunities.
Experienced with agile cross-functional collaborative working methods.
Politically aware, with the proven ability to use direct and indirect influencing strategies at an
Experience of problem-solving complex sourcing specific challenges.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.