about 1 month ago
Commercial Officer - Salisbury - Duration 8 months - Rate c £420/day umbrella
Key words / Skills: Commercial Officer, Procurement, Buyer, MOD, SC Cleared, Security Cleared, BRITISH NATIONAL ONLY.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side DSTL in order to recruit a number of Commercial Officers to work on an 8 month contract in Salisbury.
As a Commercial Officer your duties and responsibilities will include:
Main Duties and Responsibilities: Working within a 'Commercial Procurement Team' to help deliver project objectives; Contributing to procurement and contract strategies; Compiling and issuing tenders; Administering contract amendments; Providing commercial advice and guidance to the wider business; Ensuring all procurement activities are within budget; Ensuring all activity undertaken is in line with government regulations and best practice.
Dstl (Defence Science and Technology Laboratory) works to maximise the impact of science and technology for the defence, security and prosperity of the United Kingdom.
As a Commercial Officer within the Commercial Function you will be responsible for sourcing and contract management and related administration activities. The role provides working level Commercial procurement support for Divisions.
• Advising project staff on acquisition strategies for procurements.
• Managing competitive or single source procurements and sourcing activities, including development of invitations to tender or negotiate and complex contracts requiring non-standard pricing conditions or bespoke terms and conditions.
• Providing contract management or supporting contract management activity.
• Supporting administrative activities as required. Ie. PO amendments, closures.
• Experience of tendering and placing contracts considering the Public Procurement Regulations.
• The ability to think ahead and plan own workload.
• Developed communications skills and ability to work in collaboration with colleagues, project staff and engage suppliers as part of contract negotiations.
• The ability to develop and select cost effective options.
• The ability to seek and implement opportunities for improved service delivery and efficiencies.
• Knowledge of public procurement regs.
• Experience of managing contracts.
• Experience of using frameworks.
• Must be computer literate.
you must be a British National and Security Cleared.
You will be an experienced Commercial Officer.
5-10 years experience.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.