3 months ago
Commercial Manager - WFH / London - Duration 10 months - Rate c £315/day Umbrella
Key WOrds / Skills: Commercial Manager, Rail, TFL, Network Rail, BPSS.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working to recruit a Commercial Officer / Manager to work on a 10 month contract within the rail sector.
As a Commercial Officer / Manager your responsibilities and duties will include:
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Working within a commercial team to provide support to the Kent and Sussex Works Delivery Team in delivering a programme of minor works within the Southern Region. The resource will be required to support the Buildings OPEX and CAPEX portfolio of works.
The key accountabilities will be:
1. Assist in preparation of estimates for works. Input cost and quantity information into estimating systems and produce reports, using cost modelling tools as required.
2. Assist in preparation of tender, pricing and contract documentation. Carry out cost analysis of accepted tenders.
3. Monitor and report on commercial aspects of projects, flagging issues at the earliest opportunity to responsible management and carry out allocated duties in accordance with corporate governance escalating any matters which might lead to corporate governance being breached and taking action to resolve them in a timely manner.
4. Support finance reporting within the ST&E reporting framework including Cost Forecasting, Anticipated Final Cost, Cost of Work Done, Gross Billing and Current Contract Value; and provide robust Cost Analysis Feedback.
5. Assist the Commercial Manager with reviewing contractor delivery, including where appropriate, attending valuation and progress meetings. For multi-year framework agreements, support the agreement and produce reconciled annual accounts within 6 months of each year-end.
6. Support the compilation of supplier performance reports as per ST&E process, and as defined within certain contracts. Keep commercial records up to date in properly maintained files and subsequently archive (and adequately record) the documents, following commercial close out.
7. Support the commercial process by research and evaluation of information from suppliers.
You will be a Commercial Officer / Manager.
You will have 5 years exp.
Rail experience - essential.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.