2 months ago
Principal Commissioning Eng - Newbury RG14 - Duration 12 months - Rate c£60/hr Umbrella.
Key Words / Skills: Commissioning, Engineer, Senior, Principal, Nuclear, BPSS, IOSH, CSCS, SC Cleared, Security Cleared, HNC, HND, Degree, FAT, Siemens, Electrical, Controls, Instruments
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Cavendish Nuclear in order to recruit 2 Principal Commissioning Engineers to work on a 12 month contract at Newbury RG14.
As a Principal Commissioning Engineer your responsibilities and duties will include:
• Level 4 Qualification (e.g. HNC) preferred but ‘commissioning specific’ experience may be considered in lieu of qualification.
• IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent
• CSCS/ECS Affiliated cards (in date) in specific discipline
• Member of institution (IET etc.) preferred
Security Clearance Requirements
• SC or DV - Mandatory for access to site
Experience requirements - Preferred Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Electrical & Instrumentation and Control Systems commissioning experience
• Experience in the nuclear industry
• Previous site experience (nuclear)
• AWE experience
• Conversant with Siemens S7 and Simocode, WinCC, Profibus and PICS software packages
• For Electrical Commissioning Engineers only – 18th Edition IEE Regulations (Electrical)
• Be familiar with commissioning procedures for TCA’s, Fob’s (or CR’s) and handover.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
• Supervision of the Commissioning technicians under their direct responsibility.
• Adherence to the agreed Commissioning Quality Management System and ensuring that the commissioning team members correctly apply procedures, codes and standards to commissioning activities.
• Interface with the Client team and other project disciplines (Design Engineering, Training, Procurement, Quality Assurance, Construction, Operations and Maintenance)
• Functional inputs to Commissioning Deliverables.
• Day to day progress monitoring and reporting.
• Input to, production and checking of Commissioning Documentation (including Test Documentation, Commissioning Reports).
• Assisting the Commissioning Team Leader in the identification of the Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) requirements – approval of vendor test documentation, witnessing of vendor testing, approval of vendor test results where required.
• Responsible for production and checking of the Commissioning Test Documentation.
• Ensuring that all mandatory test pre-requisites are in place
• Carry out Risk Assessment and produce Safe Systems of Work
• Responsible for the execution of commissioning tests to schedule.
• Responsible for the satisfactory completion of all commissioning execution records and results and control of all raw data associated with the tests they carry out.
• Review and acceptance of completed test records.
• Compilation and review of Commissioning LTQR packages
• Provision of discipline specific subject matter expertise.
• Day to Day planning of commissioning execution activities.
You will be an experienced Commissioning Engineer.
Nuclear exp essential.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.