3 months ago
Construction Co-ordinator - Sellafield - Duration 12 months - Rate c£39.44hr Umb
Key words / skills: Construction, Nuclear, Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, BPSS, SC
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side NDA SFL in order to recruit a Construction Co-Ordinator to work on a 12 month contract based at Seascale.
As a Construction Co-Ordinator your duties and responsibilities will include:
The role of the Construction Coordinator is to assist the Construction Manager with the management of construction activities on Sellafield sites. They support the Construction Manager as part of the Intelligent Customer team in ensuring that the construction activities are executed to meet the regulatory & statutory requirements as the Nuclear Site Licensee, as well as the goals and objectives of the project and business. The Construction Coordinator assist in enabling the construction works where there are plant interfaces and then oversees the works on behalf of the Construction Manager to ensure that the design intent is met.
• Assist with delivery of the construction discipline phase of the project, meeting safety, cost, programme and quality objectives and ensure any corrective actions required are taken.
• Assist in the provision of construction expertise and input to constructability reviews, construction hazard assessments and design reviews
• For continued personal development in order to keep up to date with the latest construction techniques and technologies.
• Ensure that the contractors operatives and their supervisors are Suitably Qualified and Experienced to carry out their respective roles.
• Assist with input to the commercial process, prepare local instructions to contractors and ensure that work is effectively managed to control costs.
• Ensuring that work is controlled in and that controlling documents submitted by Contractors are reviewed.
• Reporting progress to the Construction Manager and maintaining appropriate records for safety, contractual or quality purposes
• Assist with the discharge of specific Sellafield site duties as required
• Ensuring that the physical configuration of constructed plant i.e. ensuring the design intent is met through witness, surveillance and verification of work and manufacturing records.
• Assist with input and maintenance of the Construction documentation as defined in the Sellafield Management System
• Reporting to the Construction Manager as to whether work is effectively managed to time and cost.
• Provide effective communication, liaise on interface working and ensure that site work overall is planned to achieve construction programme dates.
• Co-ordinate interfaces between contractors, designers, operators, work planners and Client at site level to ensure the flow of relevant information is uninterrupted.
• Raising Corrective actions and defect notifications and ensuring the correct action is taken.
• Liaise with designers and project personnel to ensure correct interpretation of their requirements and obtain authorisation for modifications consequent upon site conditions.
• Assist with the production and delivery, as required, of documentation to produce the construction work packs.
• Construction site experience
• Ability to undertake specific training associated with the role and willingness to self-study under mentorship
• Working knowledge and practical use of basic software within Windows Office environment
• Mechanical, Electrical or Civil discipline (nationally recognised)
• To obtain basic security clearance with Ability to obtain SC clearance level
• Ability to achieve Sellafield Construction Competency Requirements
• Willing to work additional hours on request.
You will be an experienced Construction Co-Ordinator.
Nuclear experience - essential.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.