about 1 month ago
Cost Engineer / Cumbria - Duration 12months - Rate c£47.13/hr Umbrella
Key WWords Skills: Cost, Engineer, Project Controls, Nuclear, LLWR.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side NDA/LLWR to recruit a Cost Engineer to work on a 12month contract based at Cumbria CA20 1DB.
The Cost Engineer / Project Controls Engineer will report directly into the Project Controls Manager as part of the LLWR Project Controls function. The individual will need to adhere to month end reporting cycles and be able to consistently deliver against these deadlines to enable the business to make effective decisions.
Engagement will be required with a number of Departmental Functional Heads across the organisation to help them manage, control and report costs and variance information to the business. Accuracy and attention to detail are key to ensure budgets are managed and allocated effectively and to demonstrate value for money.
The role will be carried out remotely until at least April 2021, post this point definitive arrangements are not yet known. However, there may be a requirement to work from LLWR premises beyond this date.
Independently manage, interrogate and maintain costs on projects / programmes of work with the ability to positively change and constantly strive for improvements
• Integral part of project teams and work closely with other project controls disciplines to provide an effective and value-added service
• Earned Value Analysis, identify critical areas, trends and recommend recovery options, and contribute to clear and concise reporting
• Provide accurate forecasts for expenditure and performance within the financial year and project lifetime
• Maintain cost control databases for areas of work, and ensure validation and integrity of data
• Prepare accruals and journals for areas of work
• Organise and lead monthly EAC reviews for all designated areas of responsibility
• Produce monthly earned value reports, variance analysis and Project/Programme Dashboards
• Understand forms of contract and how these impact on cost forecasting and management
• Control project expenditure as part of an authorisation chain
• Raise trends in accordance with PCPm Develop baseline change proposals ensuring adherence with
internal and client requirements
• Contribute to the ongoing update and resubmission of project and programme business cases as
• To provide support to the application of risk processes and to the Project Teams, Risk Co-ordinator and
Risk Manager in risk identification, reviews, workshops and upkeep of risk registers
• Proactively coach and support the development of other team members
You will be an experienced Cost Engineer
5-10 years experience.
HNC / HND / Degree
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.