about 2 years ago
Deputy Plant Manager - Plymouth - Contract 12 months - Ratec£55/hr
Key Words / Skills:Design, Plant, Naval, Marine, Dockyard, Base, Nuclear, Submarine, Safety, Docks, Security Cleared, SC Cleared, Refitting.
Plant Management report to the Head of Nuclear Operations Governance within Submarine Support. The 9 Dock and Refuel Plant Manager has two Deputies, one focused on 9 Dock and one on Refuel.
Plant Management are fundamentally important in the delivery of arrangements intended to ensure compliance with Site License Conditions and the terms of Environmental Permits.
They ensure that:
• There is a valid safety case in place that covers the full scope of intended operations
• The design intent of the facility is met and maintained
• Provision of procedural disciplines for the conduct of facility maintenance and repair
• Awareness and enforcement of the operating regime within a facility by adherence to Operating Rules, Operating Boundaries and Operating Instructions
• A safe and secure working environment
Main Purpose of Role
Deputy 1 – 9 Dock
Provide overall governance of activities (not including those occurring onboard submarines) in 9 Dock.
Deputy 2 – Refuel
Provide overall governance of activities in the 9 Dock RAH, NEMSFAC, LLRF and on the NTS. Also covering the acceptance of the 14 Dock RAH.
You will be an experienced Engineer / Manager who holds current SC Clearance.
You will have experience of the following:
• Knowledge of refitting submarines
• Knowledge of facilities management
• Safety Case knowledge or 6 pack completion
• STS Nuclear Plant Fundamentals Course - Module 1
• STS Nuclear Familiarisation Course - Module 2
• STS Nuclear Practitioner Course (Modules 3 and 4)
• Nuclear Site Safety Justification Course
• Submarine Quality Assurance Course
• Devonport Safety Management Course
• DAP/ASQEP Course
• Formal DAP Interview
To discuss this Deputy Plant Manager vacancy please contact: James Walker Direct Dial: 0161 474 6856 or 07788668931
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.
Wilde Recruitment – Engineering Recruitment