20 days ago
Piping Design Eng - Rosyth - Duration 6 months - Rate c£40/hr Umb.
Key Words / Skills: Piping, Systems, Design, Scrubber, BPSS
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Babcock Naval Marine in order to recruit a Piping Design Eng to work on a 6 month contract at Rosyth.
As a Piping DesignEngineer your duties and responsibilities will include:
The Engineer is responsible for development of the functional design of the systems, coordination of data from various suppliers relating to their systems, validation of conformity to requirements defined by specifications, class and contract. They are also responsible for maintenance of design intent through the detail design and assembly stages, addressing issues with integration and supporting 3D designers, fabrication and commissioning teams.
The role requires a degree in Engineering (BEng or above), experience of design of piping systems, ideally in marine environment, but other industries, such as: power, O&G, nuclear or process would be suitable too. Good understanding of piping design practices: sizing, routing, component selection. Ability to work collaboratively with many stakeholders.
Key Result Areas
• Development of system design, P&IDs, specifications, manuals, design substantiation
• Liaising with suppliers for the equipment
• Liaising with other disciplines: electrical, transversals, structural, outfit, etc
• Overview of the 3D model development, troubleshooting, managing changes
• Developing of testing requirements and high level plans
• Addressing Technical and Production queries
• Presenting at design reviews. Achieving acceptance by class and Technical Authority.
• Be aware of and ensure that; safety, health and environmental requirements are implemented.
• Assist with the maintenance and improvement in quality standards of outputs.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill
• The post holder is required to hold an BEng or an equivalent qualification in an Engineering / Naval Architecture
• Experience of working in the design environment
• Good knowledge of piping design practices
• Good knowledge of marine industry is required, familiarity with Royal Navy and Lloyds Register rules and standards are advantageous
• Experience in Design for Manufacture within a marine build and/or conversion marketplace (or similar).
• Experience with ship exhaust and Scrubber systems is advantageous.
You will be an experienced Engineer
HNC / HND / Degree
5-10 years experience.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.