JO10482 - MK
almost 2 years ago
6 Months plus
Drainage Engineer: c6 Months+ Contract; Knowsley; Rate £Negotiable
Key Skills: Technical Knowledge, Drainage, Flood Risk, Local Authority, Planning Policy, Report Writing
Drainage Engineer / LLFA (Lead Local Flood Authority) required to support the various planning applications related to flood risk.
NB. The role will be home based but will require site visits.
- Providing responses to all planning applications and pre-applications on highway drainage infrastructure and potential drainage/flooding impacts as a result of new developments
- Discharge of drainage/flooding related planning conditions for approved planning applications
- Identifying and securing drainage/flooding improvements and legal agreements to support development proposals
- Managing the delivery of sustainable drainage improvements and flood mitigation projects to maintain highway drainage and minimise the risk of flooding
- Investigating flooding incidents that occur in the Borough
- Act as the Council’s LLFA representative engaging with senior managers, the public, Members, third parties, United Utilities, the Environment Agency (EA) and other Local Authority partners and representing the Council at Merseyside FCERM Partnership meetings (currently online)
- Working on bids for external funding (including EA bids)
You will be an experienced Drainage Engineer with ideally experience in developing drainage/flooding strategies and policies.
NB. The role will be home based but will require site visits. Car essential
To discuss this vacancy please contact Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.
Wilde Recruitment – Engineering Recruitment