3 months ago
EC&I Commissioning Engineer - Sellafield - Duration 12 months - Rate c£49/hr umb
Key words / skills: Commissioning, Engineer, EC&I, BPSS, Electrical, Instrument, Controls, Nuclear.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Balfour Beatty in order to recruit an EC&I Commissioning Engineer to work on a 12 month contract at Sellafield.
As an EC&I Commissioning Engineer your duties and responsibilities will include:
The BEP Joint Venture project will safely design and deliver a Plant and the works in accordance with the requirements of the contract to enable conditioning of wastes from the various donor plants, carried out in line with the Employer’s needs and to the satisfaction of stakeholders in the Box Encapsulation Project (BEP).
Job Description / Role The Lead Commissioning Engineer reports to the Area Commissioning Team Leader. The Lead Commissioning Engineer will have Commissioning Engineers and Technicians reporting to them.
The Lead Commissioning Engineer is responsible for:
• Ensuring Safety is the highest priority on the project with a continued strive towards Zero Harm.
• Leading a team of commissioning Engineers and Technicians
• Leading all testing activities throughout all stages of commissioning
• Supervising the production of commissioning test documentation
• Supervising and organising of Commissioning Technicians and support resources
• Supervising the initiation and implementation of FOBs and TQs
• Liaising with the regulatory compliance representatives to ensure witnessing of commissioning activities is expedited
• Recording and management of Temporary Commissioning Aids
• Recording of supporting data in accordance with test requirements
• Ability to utilise completions management systems to manage commissioning activities, and handovers from construction to commissioning and commissioning to client
• Ability to schedule work and to manage work against a project schedule
• Ability to take part in multi discipline design reviews and work with the engineering team
• Actively drives continuous improvement within the commissioning process
• Actively drives progress to meet schedule deadlines
Essential Experience & Qualifications
• Time served or equivalent in an engineering discipline e.g. piping or electrical discipline
• Preference for HNC or equivalent or route to achieve the qualification
• 8 years project commissioning experience
The ability to obtain BPSS is essential for this role.
You will be an experienced EC&I Commissioning Engineer.
Nuclear experience essential.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.