7 months ago
EC&I Decommissioning Engineer – 12MTH contract – to £32.79/hour – Umbrella – Dorset
Key Skills: EC&I Engineer, Nuclear Decommissioning, NEC3 Contracts
EC&I Engineer required for 12month plus contract to work at Magnox, Winfrith, Dorset.
You will be responsible for providing EC&I engineering support and advice to both the Winfrith (and Harwell) decommissioning projects. This includes the SGHWR, Dragon and Plant and Structures (P&S) Decommissioning Projects at the Magnox, Winfrith Site (and the BEP0 Decommissioning Project at Harwell).
- Leading EC&I aspects of decommissioning projects including power distribution, control systems, control of remote equipment, lighting and camera systems, monitoring systems, fire detection systems, door and safety interlocks, etc.
- Leading EC&I design aspects for decommissioning projects including reviewing and accepting the design on the Client’s behalf. Leading the procurement, installation, setting to work, and commissioning of EC&I aspects for decommissioning projects. Leading EC&I support to projects during decommissioning operations.
- Supporting the engineering management of decommissioning projects and the management of DD&B contracts. This includes preparing, reviewing and/or checking design reports, specifications, design justification/verification, schematics, optioneering, etc.
You will be an experienced EC&I Engineer with broad engineering management experience and be educated to HNC/Degree level in a relevant subject.
In addition, you will have:
- Relevant previous experience and detailed knowledge of EC&I systems and requirements.
- Significant relevant experience of leading and managing EC&I aspects of complex nuclear decommissioning projects to time and budget, without compromising on quality.
- Significant experience of leading and managing EC&I aspects of nuclear decommissioning design projects and, ideally, knowledge of the Client’s design and safety case processes at Winfrith and Harwell.
- Experience of implementing, reviewing and directing appropriate standards and guidance to ensure compliance with all EC&I requirements as applied at Winfrith and Harwell.
- Experience and knowledge of managing NEC3 contracts.
- Ideally Knowledge and understanding of the Magnox Management System as applied at Winfrith and Harwell.
NB. Current SC (Security Clearance) Level or ability to obtain BPSS (Baseline Security) is required for this role.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
Wilde Recruitment Ltd - Engineering Recruitment
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.