2 months ago
EC&I Project Engineer - Torness - 12months - Rate c£43/hr Umb
Key words / skills: EC&I, Project Engineer, Electrical, Instrument, Controls, BPSS
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Cavendish at Torness in order to recruit an EC&I Project Engineer.
As an EC&I Project Engineer your duties and responsibilities will include:
Cavendish Nuclear are recruiting for an Electrical/EC&I Project Engineer to join our EDF Investment Delivery team at Torness Nuclear Power Station.
Project Engineers will report to the Cavendish Site Manager but be directly functionally accountable to the client management for successful delivery of all aspects of their assigned projects. Predominantly based at Torness Power Station there may be a requirement for occasional business travel to other UK sites/stations as required.
The main purpose of the role is to deliver packages of work from initial assignment right through to close out. You will manage the project using close collaboration with team members, the client and other contract partners to ensure the work is delivered in line with stakeholder requirements.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to; work planning, producing and reviewing technical documentation, review and approval of contractors, technical surveys, risk assessments and chairing meetings.
What do I need to do the role?
• Electrical/EC&I bias preferred but multidiscipline experience will be considered.
• Experience of working within a highly regulated industry (for example nuclear, aviation) is preferred but not essential.
• Experience of identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and all site based legislative requirements.
• Perform feasibility studies, site surveys and liaise with station engineering staff to identify scope of works required.
• Capable of producing from scratch or amending existing engineering documentation such as electrical drawings, quality plans, installation method statements. In addition to this there will be a requirement to review and approve contractor WRAMS.
• Have good leadership skills and experience with supervising contractors during project installation phases. Acting as installation team leader where necessary.
• Have a strong Health and Safety culture able to lead by example and provide coaching where necessary. Experience in creating Task Risk Assessments.
• Able to produce a turnkey package of work (Documentation, Install Supervision, testing and sign off to the client once complete)
• Flexibility with paid extended working hours (and weekends) will be required to fit in with site process (mainly during installation phases) sometimes at short notice.
• Carry out secondary roles as required by the Cavendish Site Manager. (Radiological Protection Supervisor, PUWER Assessor). Training will be supplied as required.
• Preferably a degree in relevant engineering discipline.
You will be an experienced EC&I Engineer.
Nuclear essential or Power Station.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker on 0161 474 6856 / 07788668931.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.