8 months ago
EC&I Site Engineer - Hinkley - Duration 12 months - Rate c£40/hr +TAS/Travellers.
Key Words / Skills: EC&I, Electric, Instrument, Controls, Site Engineer, Nuclear, APMP, HNC, BPSS, IOSH.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Cavendish Nuclear in order to recruit a EC&I Site Engineer to work on a 12 month contract at Hinkley.
As an EC&I Site Engineer your duties and responsibilities will include:
The Site Engineer will deliver allocated packages of work from assignment to close out as part of the Cavendish Nuclear team or as an embedded member in our clients organisation. This will require project management and close collaboration with the client, other team members and contract partners to ensure work is delivered safely in line with stakeholder requirements.
The Engineer applies engineering domain knowledge competently to provide technical solutions in the delivery of products and services while developing domain knowledge, experience and leadership skills.
At this level; an experienced engineer, is competent in a generalist subject area, resolves specific technical issues and problems, compiles technical reports and accompanying presentations, provides, reviews and adheres to specifications in accordance with stakeholder requirements.
1. Safely manage the delivery of assigned work packages through collaborative working with other team members and members of our client’s organisation.
2. Review technical documentation in preparation for delivery phase of assigned work packages
3. Produce project documentation including RAMS, Quality Plans, Work Order Cards, Engineering Changes and other documentation required to deliver work packages.
4. Ensure work is planned according to local processes and relevant parties are aware of the project and their responsibilities to facilitate successful project delivery.
5. Perform walk downs with contractors to review upcoming tasks and obtain quotes as required.
6. Facilitate and chair project meetings such as readiness reviews.
7. Ensure work package risks are communicated appropriately
8. Review and approve contractor documentation prior to them completing work on site including review to confirm delivery team members are SQEP.
9. Ensuring all work packages under their control are suitably assessed and reviewed to ensure that a suitable and sufficient SSOW is in place and is reviewed if any significant change occurs.
10. Ensuring all Tasks under their control are risk assessed in accordance with the relevant procedure (CNL or Customer procedure)
11. Management and setting to work of sub-contractors
12. Deliver pre and post job briefs, and setting to work meetings as required.
13. Ensuring all Tasks under their control are adequately supervised;
14. Set and maintain Cavendish Nuclear & customer standards and expectations throughout the work package life cycle
15. Ensure application of highest standards for health and safety in immediate area of responsibility and ensure individual co-operation with respect to company standards about matters on health, safety and environment, ethics and behaviours
16. Ensure work is undertaken in accordance with CNL initiatives such as People Who Do the Right Thing and People Who Lead Safely.
17. Ensure documentation, including drawings and records are kept and tracked as appropriate and are updated and closed out in full at the conclusion of projects.
18. Ensuring adequate time is allowed during shift changes to ensure effective transfer of information
19. Perform other duties assigned by the site manager within the competency of the site engineer role
20. Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working, and their development.
You will be an experienced EC&I Site Engineer.
Nuclear experience essential.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.