8 months ago
Electrical Building Services Engineer - WFH - Duration 12 months - Rate £40-£50/hr Umbrella.
Key Words / Skills: Electrical Engineer, Building Services, Design, Low Voltage, Data Systems, Control, Instrumentation, Distribution, Alarm Systems, Lighting....
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Babcock Naval Marine in order to recruit an Electrical Building Services Design Engineer, to work on a long term contract WFH.
As an Electrical Building Services Design Engineer your duties and responsibilities will include:
The Major Infrastructure Projects Business Unit has been set up to establish and maintain a Strategic Infrastructure Plan for the Devonport site through to at least 2050 and to safely and effectively deliver the ‘major’ capital works projects that result from the Plan.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
Within SQEP profile, supervising, preparing and/or checking designs, analyses, reports, drawings, specifications and other documents in support of Nuclear and Non-Nuclear related plant, facility and equipment within the company's licensed, authorised and operational sites, or in support of external contracts.
Participate in the problem solving for development of technical solutions to deficiencies or in the development of new designs.
Support the review and sentencing of new designs, methodology of construction and temporary works submitted to the Technical Authority.
To manage design work packages as Engineer, responsible as appointed by Manager. Supporting planning of activities, with respect to task durations, level of effort and estimated costs, through to provision of design deliverables with regular schedule reviews and progress reporting, utilising Earned Value Management methodologies, and construction support.
Supervise and provide on-the-job guidance to the junior staff.
Make effective use of Learn from Experience information to develop and disseminate theoretical knowledge in relation to practical engineering and to maintain a record of development to substantiate the skills achieved.
Support development, construction, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of all Facilities to ensure that they comply with the design intent and DNSP's for Nuclear related Works, together with all relevant Local and National Regulations and Legislation.
Support the on-site inspection of DRDL assets for their construction, maintenance and modification.
Maintain familiarity with DRDL procedures used within Facilities Engineering.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
Academic: A degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council or working towards chartership.
Nuclear: Nuclear Introductory Course or equivalent nuclear and/or marine system knowledge.
• Design of electrical building services, to include fire detection and alarm systems, industrial lighting and emergency lighting, site broadcast (PA) and HVAC;
• Design low voltage electrical distribution systems;
• Design of control & instrumentation systems;
• Design of communications and data systems;
• Experience of substantiation of SIL and high integrity systems for justification of Nuclear Safety functions.
• Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to post and project requirements.
• Sound understanding of company and departmental procedures relating to Health and Safety, Design and quality
• The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required for the technical delivery of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle.
• Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop the design or undertake detailed design activities to suit the design delivery strategy.
• Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements.
• Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience.
• Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures
• Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications
• Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities.
You will be an experienced Electrical Building Services Design Engineer.
5-10 years exp.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.