3 months ago
Electrical CAD Designer; 6 Months+ Contract; Rosyth; Rate c£22.0/hour
Key Words/Skills: Electrical, CAD, Design, Naval, Marine, 2D, AutoCAD, Security Cleared
The Company / Role:
For more than a century, Babcock, a prime defence support provider, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering service. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
At the heart of this significant work is our 320-acre Rosyth site, which is home to one of the largest waterside manufacturing and repair facilities in the UK. From here, we offer a world class engineering capacity and capability rarely available in one location.
The role requires; a good understanding of naval engineering and defence related design practice's relevant to the Electrical Marine System discipline. Additionally, the candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent 2D CAD skills and present good written and verbal communications.
Preparation/production of CAD 2D drawings and supporting documentation, primarily in support of alternation and additions for HM naval ships;
• All design cycle phases potentially but primarily, detail and production designs in line with recognised ISO and defence standards and adherence to time, cost and quality requirements.
• Understanding of Electrical Power Distribution design including volt drop full load current calculations applicable to 440/230/115v power supplies.
• Creation of associated bill of materials and cable route proposals.
• Liaise with profession engineering colleagues and various stakeholders during design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including contribution to design reviews.
• Provide solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Technical and Production queries.
You will be an experienced Electrical CAD Designer.
Experienced with AutoCAD 2D.
You will hold current security Clearance - SC.
To discuss this Electrical CAD Designer vacancy please contact: James Walker Direct Dial: 0161 474 6856 or 07788668931
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.
Wilde Recruitment – Engineering Recruitment