10 months ago
Electrical Designer / Engineer - Didcot - Duration 12 months - Rate £440/day umb.
Key Words / Skills: Electrical Engineer, Defence, MOD, Design, PCB, Space, Electronic, FMEA.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side RAL in order to recruit an Electrical Designer / Engineer to work on a 12 month contract.
As an Electrical Engineer your responsibilities and duties will include:
As an Electronics Design Engineer in the Electronics Design group you will work alongside over 40 other staff in the Imaging Systems Division who have a diverse range of skills in systems, electronics and optical engineering design, quantum science, electronics manufacture and production, real-time embedded software and project management.
You will be an experienced electronics design engineer with demonstrated knowledge of digital and analogue design, layout of complex multi-layer boards, analytical analysis, modelling, and practical electronic test experience. Knowledge of VHDL and design requirements for space applications will be an advantage, but not essential.
You will be highly self-motivated, with an excellent attention to detail and a strong solutions-focused approach to design challenges. The ability to work effectively within a team, often across multiple projects at the same time, forms a key part of the role.
Our engineers are expected to be able to represent the Group, the Division and the Department to our external customers, suppliers, so excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Technical supervision and management of major work packages forms a large part of the role, so significant experience in these areas will be required.
Responsibilities will be:
- Analogue and digital circuit design
- PCB layout of complex multilayer boards.
- Leading the functional testing of assembled boards.
- VHDL design work.
- The production of manufacturing drawings and parts lists.
- Reporting to senior project staff on progress as appropriate.
- Writing specifications, test plans, test reports and other documentation as required
- Carrying out FMEA, reliability, parts stress and worst case analyses.
- Presenting work at project reviews and progress meetings, which may be within the UK or abroad.
- Representing our department to our customers and partners during visits.
- Play a leading role in project teams, with coordination between different disciplines and demonstrated prior experience in this area having completed at least one major project from start to finish.
- Provide technical support and advice to other engineers in the division.
- Take a lead role in design reviews.
Contacts and Communication
The post holder will report to the Electronics Group Leader or a Senior Engineer within the group.
The post will also require interaction with engineers and managers from outside organisations, including our customers, and the post holder will be expected to present to other external visitors to RAL Space.
Any other Relevant Information
In the course of this role there may be some travel within the UK and overseas. You may also be required to work in a clean room environment.
• A minimum of a 2:2 in a first degree in electronic engineering or closely related subject or equivalent experience
• Analogue and digital electronic design experience
• Experience of PCB layout
• Knowledge and use of analytical and modelling tools
• Prior use of electronics CAD tools, especially schematic capture and circuit simulation
• Proven practical skills such as verification and testing of circuit boards and components
• Excellent written communication skills
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of electronic system requirements for space applications
• Schematic design experience using Orcad Capture and PCB layout experience using Allegro
• Experience using VHDL
• Experience using higher-level software programming languages or applications (e.g. C/C++, LabVIEW)
• Experience of FMEA, reliability, parts stress and worst case analyses.
You will be an experienced Electrical Design Engineer.
MOD / Defence exp essential.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.