about 2 months ago
Electrical Designer - Rosyth - Duration 6months - Rate c£22-£33/hr Umbrella
Key Words / Skills: Electrical Designer, CAD, Ships, Frigates, Submarines, Nuclear, TRIBON, AutoCAD, Navisworks, 3D.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Babcock Naval Marine in order to recruit an Electrical Designer to work on a 6 month contract.
As an Electrical Designer your responsibilities and duties may include:
Electrical Contractor Positions – Required Experience
• Experience working on UK naval marine shipbuilding projects, new builds and Installation Solutions (Alterations & Additions for existing ships and submarines)
• Experience interpreting electrical single line diagrams / block diagrams / schematics & standard design details for power & control and instrumentation systems
• CAD skill experience, creating 3D cable containment models (Ladder / Tray / Basket / Transits) using Foran, Tribon, AutoCAD, Navisworks, Hexagon S3D or other similar modelling packages
• Experience designing and managing the routing of electrical cables using appropriate standards, software and segregation rules to produce Black-line production outputs
• Experience preparing & producing 2D electrical marine drawing deliverables to required standards & within budget / schedule (create drawings, bill of materials, incorporating change, up-revision of drawings)
• Good understanding of naval marine, engineering & design practices
• Experience of working through a design lifecycle with a particular focus on detail design
• Ability to liaise with colleagues & stakeholders to resolve issues during the design lifecycle (design and spatial integration reviews)
• Experience building HS&E requirements into design tasks
• Experience producing & updating ‘as-built’ / datum pack documentation.
You will be an experienced Electrical Designer.
HNC / HND
5-10 years work exp.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.