about 1 month ago
Electrical Interface Engineer - Rosyth or Plymouth - Duration 6 months - Rate c£36.50/hr Umb
Key words / skills: Electrical Engineer, Naval, Systems, Defence, Ships, Subs, BPSS or SC, Cabling, AutoCAD.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Babcock Naval Marine in order to recruit an Electrical Engineer to work on a 6 month contract.
As an Electrical Engineer your responsibilities and duties will include:
• This role will centre on the production of Interface & Cabling worksheets for a variety of ship’s systems to feed in to the Master Interface Database, which is in turn used to produce Cable Routing Outputs for use by the Detailed Design Team.
• A key element of the role is the assessment of system Third Party Information (TPI) to identify system interfaces and their associated cabling and termination requirements.
• The Interface Engineer will be required to translate this information into a purpose-made Microsoft Excel based tool, which allows interface and cabling requirements to be captured and configured against the project Master Equipment List.
• The Interface Engineer may also be required to use the interface information to produce interface and cabling Single Line Diagrams (using AutoCAD software) for delivery to the Classification Society.
• Regular reporting of progress against the Interface Team Schedule will be required and early identification of issues and risks is encouraged.
• Working knowledge of marine systems, in both electrical and non-electrical contexts
• Ability to understand and interpret Classification Society (Lloyd’s Register) requirements in the context of cable selection and routing.
• Experience of assessing system block diagrams, cable lists, termination sheets and interface control documentation.
• Selection and checking of suitable cable types/characteristics for a given application.
• Good attention to detail with the ability to identify inconsistencies across complex datasets and design information.
• Ability to work independently and solve problems via liaison with other functions across the project.
• Strong interpersonal skills, adept at communicating at various levels across technical and commercial settings.
• Ability to clearly articulate progress and report key issues and risks to team management, and proactively work to minimise technical and schedule impacts.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel highly desirable.
• Basic knowledge of AutoCAD desirable.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Ensure definition of design solution(s) and deliverables to required standards, consistent with whole lifecycle from concept through to in service support.
• Exercise care for own health and safety and that of others as defined by Health and Safety legislation, adhere to endorsed Company policy, procedures and delegations (e.g. Health & Safety, Diversity & Inclusion, Performance & Development Reviews and Finance etc.)
• Prepare & produce drawings throughout design lifecycle and in line with recognised ISO standards to the required; time, cost and quality requirements.
• Prepare, produce and maintain project documentation as required by the design lifecycle, produce and update ‘as built’ /datum pack documentation.
• Liaise with colleagues and stakeholders during design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including contribution to design reviews.
• Develop innovative design solutions and solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Production and Technical Queries.
• Interface with customers and supply chain on design issues and assist with procurement specifications.
• Assist more senior designers in a range of activities including, production of estimates, maintenance and improvement in standard and quality of outputs, production and test organisations with the compilation of test forms and procedures.
• Fulfil Design Lead responsibilities as assigned for single discipline low risk projects.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.