c£36.50/hr Umb NEG
4 months ago
Electrical Interface Engineer X5 - Rosyth or Plymouth - Duration 12months - Rate c£36.50/hr Umb NEG
Key Words / Skills: Electrical Engineer, interface, Nuclear, Submarines, Frigates, T31, Naval, Marine.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side Babcock Naval Marine in order to recruit a number of Electrical Engineers to work on long term contracts based at Rosyth or Plymouth.
As an Electrical Interface Engineer your responsibilities and duties may include:
• This role will centre on the production of Interface & Cabling worksheets for a variety of ship’s systems to feed in to the Master Interface Database, which is in turn used to produce Cable Routing Outputs for use by the Detailed Design Team.
• A key element of the role is the assessment of system Third Party Information (TPI) to identify system interfaces and their associated cabling and termination requirements.
• The Interface Engineer will be required to translate this information into a purpose-made Microsoft Excel based tool, which allows interface and cabling requirements to be captured and configured against the project Master Equipment List.
• The Interface Engineer may also be required to use the interface information to produce interface and cabling Single Line Diagrams (using AutoCAD software) for delivery to the Classification Society.
• Regular reporting of progress against the Interface Team Schedule will be required and early identification of issues and risks is encouraged.
• Working knowledge of marine systems, in both electrical and non-electrical contexts
• Ability to understand and interpret Classification Society (Lloyd’s Register) requirements in the context of cable selection and routing.
• Experience of assessing system block diagrams, cable lists, termination sheets and interface control documentation.
• Selection and checking of suitable cable types/characteristics for a given application.
• Good attention to detail with the ability to identify inconsistencies across complex datasets and design information.
• Ability to work independently and solve problems via liaison with other functions across the project.
• Strong interpersonal skills, adept at communicating at various levels across technical and commercial settings.
• Ability to clearly articulate progress and report key issues and risks to team management, and proactively work to minimise technical and schedule impacts.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel highly desirable.
• Basic knowledge of AutoCAD desirable.