6 months ago
Electrical Project Engineer - WFH - Duration 12months - Rate c£43.38/hr umbrella.
Key words / skills: Electrical, Project Engineer, Nuclear, BPSS.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd is working along side NDA in order to recuit an Electrical Project Engineer to wrok on a 12 month contract WFH.
As an Electrical Project Engineer your responsibilities and duties will include:
To provide fit for purpose engineering solutions for complex projects. To ensure that design authority standards and configuration control are applied appropriately.
A Project Engineer (Senior) will provide more complex engineering solutions to higher profile projects, underpinned by a high level of technical knowledge and experience.
• Identify project functional requirements and stakeholder needs for assigned project.
• Manage engineering support to the project.
• Contribute to production of Project Execution Plans including design, safety case and commissioning strategies.
• Support project optioneering process.
• Develop concept design and fit for purpose engineering solution for projects.
• Produce and/or approve project technical specifications.
• Manage detailed design activities in accordance with design authority standards.
• Prepare modification proposals as required, acting as Nominated Responsible Engineer where appointed.
• Carry out technical assessment/approval of contractors work instruction/method statements/risk assessments.
• Provide technical supervision of construction/deconstruction activities to ensure compliance with design intent.
• Approve as built drawings.
• Specify and provide technical supervision of commissioning and/or decommissioning
• Manage hand over to systems/operations ensuring that all drawings, instructions and training have been supplied as required.
• Liaise and consult with system engineer and other stakeholders throughout project life cycle to ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
• Maintain site configuration control throughout project lifecycle.
• Comply with all Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments and support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality on Site.
• As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
• Review on-site and off-site events and root cause analysis to promote improved working practices.
• The post holder may be required to undertake delegated responsibility for the Design Authority and act as a site intelligent customer.
• Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
• Deputise for Section Head when required.
• The post holder may be required to undertake emergency scheme duties
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
• Appropriate HNC, National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 5; preferably degree level (NQF level 6) or working towards
• Membership of a relevant Engineering Institution
• Chartered Status.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
• Significant experience in a practising disciplined Engineering role (Mechanical, Electrical, C & I or Civil) on industrial plant
• Significant experience of nuclear and/or conventional project engineering
• Detailed understanding of relevant Company and/or national engineering standards
• Working knowledge of the Safety Rules and working knowledge of risk assessment methodology.
• Detailed knowledge of relevant Site Licence and Quality Management System requirements.
• Detailed knowledge of CDM Designer role
• Contract Management
• Project delivery experience
You will be an experienced Electrical Project Engineer
Nuclear experience essential.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.