JO10513 - JW.MK
over 1 year ago
External Works Manager– 6months + Contract – to£40/hour Ltd – Plymouth
KEY Skills: External Works, Review/Approval of Scopes of Work, Design Concepts
External Works Manager required to join the client’s team (Babcock Naval Marine) who are engaged on a major infrastructure upgrade and modernization programme at Plymouth to No 10 dock, within the Devonport Royal Dockyard. The program includes the design and build of major new facilities in support of the MoD (the Ministry of Defence). The infrastructure programme is currently finalizing the concept design and is now seeking to mobilise further resources to support the scheme and detailed design phase as well as commencing onsite physical enabling works to support the longer-term construction contract.
As the External Works Manager; you will be responsible for delivery of a wide range external works elements Including: Facility Boundary (security fence), Facility Entry & Exit points, Facility Roadways, Pavements/Walkways, Facility Lay-apart / Laydown areas, Pedestrian Barriers , Vehicle Impact barriers, Demountable Flood Barriers, Dockside Ancillaries, Drainage - Foul Water , Drainage - Surface Water , Ducts (for cables, small pipes), Trenches (cables, large pipes) etc.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for developing the overall 10 Dock External Works strategies for Design and Procurement and Capability demonstration
- Review/approval of the scope and System Requirements to define the separate sub-systems required
- Review/Approval of Scopes of Work (SoW) for Design House (DH) input to design and deliverables
- Approve interface management process for External Works interfacing with other 10 Dock systems and adjacent Dockyard systems to ensure scope boundary is agreed
- Ensure communication and liaison with the other Design Leads, other Design Houses, UAG/XUAG, Technical Authority and other stakeholders is appropriate
- Review/approve articulation of how the external works design packages will deliver the capability functions.
- Capture of the design concepts within an overall Facility layout by interfacing with the discipline leads and users.
- Ensure coordination of the operational aspects of the system designs into an overall facility operational concept to demonstrate functional capability.
- Plan for effective project implementation ensuring compliance with all relevant company/project arrangements, including for example BIM.
You will have a degree in an appropriate engineering discipline e.g. Civil Engineering or equivalent.
Ideally be a Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council.
The following is also desirable;
• NUC0793 Nuclear Plant Foundation Course Module 1.
• NUC0794 Nuclear Fundamentals (Foundation) Course Module 2.
• NUC0911 Introduction to Safety Engineering (ITSE).
Note: Successful candidates will need to either have SC Level Security Clearance or be able to AC Level Clearance.
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.