- United Kingdom
- Job type
- c£450/day Umbrella
- Job ref
GIS Technician - WFH / Harwell - Duration 10 months - Rate c£450/day umbrella.
Key words / skills: GIS, BPSS, Planning, Environmental, Central Government.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd are working along side RWM in order to resource 2 GIS Technicians to work on a 10 month contract WFH.
As a GIS Technician your duties/responsibilities will include:
Core day to day duties: Site Evaluation
Pull together technical inputs to make recommendations improvement to site
Strong supply chain experience
Land Planning / Environmental permit
• Management of geospatial information through the use of RWMs Geographic Information System
• Management, verification and oversight of all information required to support the Site Evaluation work
• Work with colleagues and the supply chain to ensure the coordinated delivery of information to RWMs technical, communications and stakeholder engagement teams and communities
Key skills: GIS
• Major infrastructure experience
Good first degree in an appropriate subject or equivalent experience.
• Membership of an appropriate professional institute or interest in being a member in due course.
• Understanding of Central Government operations, policy development and implementation.
• Understanding of radioactive waste and wider nuclear policy.
• Experience of using and maintaining geographical information systems
• Experience in coordination of information related to site evaluation/investigation work.
• Knowledge of the principles of data and records management.
• Good understanding of information and knowledge management systems as they might apply in the context of RWM.
• Good Interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
You will be an experienced GIS Consultant
5years exp +
To discuss this vacancy please contact: James Walker or Mike Kelly
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Wilde Recruitment Ltd operates as both an employment business and agency. If your application is for a position based in the UK or EU, under European Employment Law you MUST be eligible to live and work there.